Kat's Creamy Bubbles Soap Recipe

katshe

Please run this through the soap calc first

http://www.soapcalc.com/calc/SoapCalc.asp

Thanks to all who have guided me in my soap making venture.

This is a recipe that I have spent many hours formulating and my customers adore.

I hope you like it too.

This is a hard bar that is conditioning with lots of creamy bubbles!

Kat's Creamy Bubbles Soap recipe

27% coconut oil

36% palm oil

25% olive oil

7% castor oil

5% cocoa butter

FO

Dissolve in water before adding lye

1Tb sugar per lb of soap

1 tsp salp per lb soap

I use a different process that I call hp whip rebatch .

I cook in stock pot in 170* oven 2.5 hrs then whip and add fo at 1tb per lb of soap or less depending on the scent. At this time I can add herbs, honey etc.

I then mold , pat and slam out air bubbles and let set till cool and slice.

With this process soap will be ugly but a slight trimming and using wavy cutter is all I do and wala pretty creamy looking soap.

( cure 2-3 wks)

You could do cp or in the mold hp

Here is the in the mold hp directions for those of you looking to do this.

http://www.bellaonline.com/articles/art10361.asp

I use this process but do not pour into mold and do not add fo until cook is done and I whip it over a pot of boiling water ( double boiler method).

Hope this info is not too confusing!

Hope you enjoy !!!!:yay:

This is very similar to my normal recipe but I only use 25% coconut oil and only 3% castor. I gave it a go with 27% coconut and I just love it! That little bit of extra bubblage made me decide I love bubbles more than cream after all. Thanks Kat!

You are very welcome peachdream!:)

• 3 months later...
Thanks for sharing the soap recipe.

I have a question, In the instructions it say

"Dissolve in water before adding lye

1Tb sugar per lb of soap

1 tsp salp per lb soap"

Is that 1 tsp salt?

Thanks Again :)

Yes, it's a typo , should be salt, your welcome

• 1 year later...

I made this recipe CP today. I came out great. I made it in a slab mold and it went to full gel in under 3 hours. I actually took it out of the mold and cut it in 6 hours. I did forget to put the sugar and salt in the water and lye. Here's some photos, the scent is Ylang Ylang II essential oil

Just put in mold

HPIM1605.JPG

3 hours later

HPIM1607.JPG

and cut bars 6 hours later

HPIM1613.JPG

Thanks for the great recipe. I'll let you know how I like them once they cure enough to sample in the bath!

Edited by bayougirl

• 3 weeks later...

Here's a batch I made with Frankincense & Myrrh E/O Blend. OMG, it smells so good. It did accellerate somewhat, but I think it was the E/O blend.

1 1/2 hours after pouring in mold.

HPIM1632.JPG

Cut bars

HPIM1635.JPG

Less than a week later, and darker still

HPIM1665.JPG

Thanks for a great recipe.

Those look great! Have you had a chance to try the other ones you made yet? I can't wait to hear how the recipe turns out. I tried it, too, about a week ago but am waiting for the loooong CP cure before I get to see how nice the recipe is! I'm chompin at the bit to get those bars in the shower, but I want to give them a proper cure first.

For me, the recipe was super easy to use. No problems with acceleration at all. Since I'm new to CP, I purposefully chose an FO that everyone says is super easy to work with -- Sea Glass from WSP. Didn't have any problems and was even able to attempt a three color swirl, although it looks more like a marble :sad2:. Even so, I can't wait to try these bars out!

I'll post pics of mine later.

I took a sliver of the Frankincense & Myrrh in the bath last night. Nice bubble and it really smells nice. I'll try it again tonight. I, too, like it because it's easy. It's nice to use a recipe that only has a hand full of oils. I haven't tried the Ylang Ylang yet, but probably soon. I have about 17 pieces of soap in there now, way too many, I need to cut them down a little first. Good luck, I'm sure you'll love it when you try it out.

• 1 month later...

I finally tried a bar of soap made from this recipe, and it's my favorite so far! I did CP, and it's been curing for five weeks, but I couldn't wait any longer to try it out. Great bubbles, super creamy lather. Feels great. It's my husband's favorite so far, too. Next time I'm going to make this recipe with goat's milk.

Try it out. It's a great recipe!

Soapcalc says this recipe is :

rdness 29 - 54 54

Cleansing 12 - 22 40

Conditioning 44 - 69 39

Bubbly 14 - 46 46

Creamy 16 - 48 20

Iodine 41 - 70 39

INS 136 - 165 176

What am I doing wrong here?

ETA: I was using palm kernel flakes instead of palm oil...duh.

Edited by Grannyscandles
Found my mistake

Super to hear how much you all like this recipe...keep enjoying..

Soap calc numbers right from their page

# √ Oil/Fat %

1 Coconut oil 27

2 Palm Oil 36

3 Olive Oil 25

4 Castor Oil 7

5 Cocoa Butter 5

Totals 100

Hardness 29 - 54 47

Cleansing 12 - 22 18

Condition 44 - 69 50

Bubbly 14 - 46 25

Creamy 16 - 48 34

Iodine 41 - 70 51

INS 136 - 165 163

Edited by katshe

• 1 month later...

Sounds like a good recipe; I'll have to try that one.

Wonder what kind of plastic is used to line the mold in the ITMHP article from the link? I usually use parchment paper, but if I could use plastic that would stand up to the heat, I'd do that instead. More flexible and fewer crease marks maybe.

I wouldn't substitute anything for the palm. I have tried many variations ...crisco, lard in place of palm but the soap just wasn't right.

So as the author of this recipe ...I say keep it the same. If you need to change it you will have to go to the soap calculator and plug in your new ingredients and probably adjust other ingredients as well.

Sounds like a good recipe; I'll have to try that one.

Wonder what kind of plastic is used to line the mold in the ITMHP article from the link? I usually use parchment paper, but if I could use plastic that would stand up to the heat, I'd do that instead. More flexible and fewer crease marks maybe.

Carole I line my mold with a white trash bag and yes there are wrinkles in the soap but once cut with a wavy cutter the side wrinkles look fine. Adds to the homemadeness, if that a word :)

• 3 weeks later...