Kat's Creamy Bubbles Soap Recipe

katshe

Thanks, Katshe; I just now saw your reply. That's good to know that the plain white can liners will hold up to the heat from the raw soap and oven. I wasn't sure; I thought maybe you had to use a Reynolds oven bag or something like that. I'm very "liner-challenged", so this sounds much easier

Edited by Carol M

Icecold...shea butter could be used instead of cocoa butter but again go to soapcalc and plug that in to re figure recipe.

let me say this about lining mold...Iccook my soap in the soap pot in the oven then leave it sit there over night ..then reheat it take it out and whip it with scent and pour into log mold lined with white trash bag

i have also used freezer paper and those foam pieces too but i find that trash bag is so quick to do.

i really cant remember what i used when i had been doing cook in the mold but it was one of the ones I mentioned.

hth

Is the salt and sugar per pound of soap or per pound of oils?

Say you figure your recipe at the soapcal for 3 lbs then use for that recipe...I suppose that is 3 lbs of oils

3 tablespoons sugar

3 teaspoons salt...again these are dissolved in water for lye..before lye is added

Salt and sugar is optional... but I find the bars are bubblier and harder when these are added.

Edited by katshe

• 4 months later...