Ohio Soapers Gathering in April

Kim L

I have not attended this gathering in the past, but I'm interested in going this year. I see their website has not been updated with any info for 2008. Can anyone tell me if this group is still planning a gathering and, if so, when the website will be updated. I had planned on going to a gathering in TN but I see it has been postponed. I went to Bittercreeks last year (had a great time) but it's a 14 hour drive and I absolutely hate to fly so I'm trying to find something a little closer. TIA.

Kim L

Can't help you, but it would be nice to have updates, links on any of the gatherings. There aren't any that close to here, so it's an opportunity to travel and learn. Did that in Texas last year, but their soapmaking conference, which is in Austin, has not dates listed either.

Is this the same group that Geena runs?

I've been to this conference. They had some issues getting it off the ground last year.

Usually held in Canton, Ohio.

This conference is good too! Hopefully we can get the ball rolling earlier this year and get more folks interested! I am really eyeballing that HMSG one in Vermont!! I wish I wasn't so broke! :sad2:

The Ohio's Soapers Gathering is not the same as the Midwestern Chandlers Gathering which is the one Gina started - is held in Canton, OH. I don't know if they have a date for the Midwesterns - I used to do their website. I'm working on one with some other ladies, scheduled in July for PA, it's closer. I listed what details I had in the business section in a post not too long ago. I really enjoy going to the gatherings/conventions - even if you are a seasoned crafter, you almost always walk away inspired.

The Ohio's Soapers Gathering is not the same as the Midwestern Chandlers Gathering which is the one Gina started - is held in Canton, OH. I don't know if they have a date for the Midwesterns - I used to do their website.

I've tried posting to the Midwestern Chandlers Gathering Yahoo group and have gotten no response yet. Maybe I'll try again. :sad2:

• 2 months later...

Ok, I have been to the site but can not find any info on registering. I did send an e-mail to Kim a few minutes ago. Hopefully I will hear from her quickly. I would think you would have to give them specific info for the registration and not just mail a check.

If anyone has more specific info to share that would be great!

Thanks

Danielle

Ok, I have been to the site but can not find any info on registering. I did send an e-mail to Kim a few minutes ago. Hopefully I will hear from her quickly. I would think you would have to give them specific info for the registration and not just mail a check.

If anyone has more specific info to share that would be great!

Thanks

Danielle

If you don't hear back email again. I think registration ends tomorrow-you can still go but no goodie bag or lunch can be ordered. Try posting to the yahoo group if Kim doesn't get back to you.

Glo