Just made my first rustic.

I was scared. Never done it before. I have seen whatr they are supposed to look like at Wal*Mart and K-Mart and stores like that. So I poured it last night then went to bed.

Woke up this morning, poipped the candle out and I am amazed! It looks so professional! I have yet to test it but I just felt like bragging. Will post a picture in a second. Thanks for listening!

Now sometimes you can get away from poking the holes, but you should get in the practice of doing them. It relieves the tension of the wax as it shrinks and cools. Some may argue poking holes puts more air in there, but you can get a candle that pulls in on itself from the sides and when you get one you'll know what I mean.

Now sometimes you can get away from poking the holes, but you should get in the practice of doing them. It relieves the tension of the wax as it shrinks and cools. Some may argue poking holes puts more air in there, but you can get a candle that pulls in on itself from the sides and when you get one you'll know what I mean.

No kidding - way back when I ended up w/a huge dent in one. It was ugly. :angry2:

ets: Tiff, still waiting to see a pic - congrats on your first rustic :cheesy2:

I will post it in the morning. My house is really dim at night and so the effects probably won't show up. Forgot to do it earlier. Sorry. I showed it to people and they were like, OMG, that is so pretty.

Some ones I have seen you can actually see the jump lines. It makes it look like it has different rings of colors. How do I do that?