LX 12 Wicks

I have been using zinc core for my wicks. (I use j223 wax by the way). I decided to try the LX12 wicks, for my containers ( I use jj), and I believe I like them better!:D I have only tested 2 scents, but I might be using them instead of the zinc's! Does anyone else have any info on these wicks?! :)

I love LX wicks. I use them for votives, tins and some containers.

Do you by any chance use IGI 4794 for your votives, and LX12 wicks? I'm about to make a big bunch of candles with this combination, and I'd appreciate any warnings/tips for this.

And in case you used any of these FOs, this is what I'm planning to pour votives of this weekend, all 1 oz/pound except for 'Goddess':

Old Mill - Ambrosia, Bacci de Miele, Blackberry Vanilla Musk, Goddess (probably .7 oz), Strawberry Musk, Turkish Delight

Candles & Supplies - Sugarcane

Candle Cocoon - Sultry Angel

Candle Source - Pomegranate

Cajun's - Apples & Berries, Cherry Blossom, Coco Mango, Coral Delight, Hawaiian Dream, Vanilla Bake

Tennessee Candle - Apple Mango Tango, Bamboo Teak

• 3 months later...

The last time I bought LX12 wicks was from Tennessee Candle Supplies, and they were broken up a lot. This made it very difficult getting them to stay straight in votives. Even if I had them centered well on the bottom they were would flop over because the wax they were coated with was broken all up and down the wick. Is that common from other suppliers? Do you have a recommendation for a supplier from whom they will be less floppy, or are they all going to be like that?

Darbla

We buy ours from Bittercreek North - since we buy the LX10's by a 1000 at a time, we may get a few that are a bit bent, but not many. The other sizes we purchase by 100, and those we have absolutely no problem with.

I use LX wicks in J223, but the size depends on fragrance and weather etc.

I have been using LX 14 in 9 oz hex jar so the LX 12 may well work in the Jelly Jar.

I use soy in my jelly jars and CD`s.

LX wicks are great!

Karen M:highfive: