Bubbles or Mottles???

Further to a question I posted in the General Candlemaking section, I've posted a pic of the candle in question. I still cannot tell if these are bubbles or tiny snowflake mottles. All three layers were made with the same wax and FO. The only variable was the dye. All were dye chips, except the dark layer which had a drop of liquid brown added.

Any thoughts????

post-1101-139458383454_thumb.jpg

What a coincidence you posted that. Pier One has a full line of pillars that look just like that - I think they are air bubbles. Naturally they look great - and so does your pillar. (Check out Pier One and you'll see what I mean - they may not be air bubbles, but they sure look like it).

What a coincidence you posted that. Pier One has a full line of pillars that look just like that - I think they are air bubbles. Naturally they look great - and so does your pillar. (Check out Pier One and you'll see what I mean - they may not be air bubbles, but they sure look like it).

Henry, I looked at Pier One, but all I could find was the two-toned candles, none with the 3 layers?!?!? Maybe my Pier One doesn't carry them, or else they're new stock..... I'll look again next week. Thanx :smiley2: