Seeing A Trend....

HeavenScentU

I just spoke with one of the store owners that I supply my candles to and he stated that Yank*** is going to raise their candles an extra $1.00 per candle in Jan. plus raise their shipping rates. He also stated that Yank&& sales are down considerably this year. So the store was going to look for more alternatives besides candles to sell. I am curious to know if it is a trend across the country. Are people looking for alternatives to burning candles like tarts/melts, potpourri and oils?

I could see that happening but that in a way is good for us. You will see more local candle makers getting the business. People that where buying Yankee and other will now be looking at the candle maker at your local craft shows and small specialty shops like mine. You will find business that will be looking for candle closer to home to stock their stores with.

But the other end of this is we are going to see a rise in reps for the bigger boy like home interior, gold canyon, party lite. It will also hurt those of you that depend on wholesale accounts across the country.

I do not see the stores going to tarts and other alternatives because then they have to stock the warmer and burner that are just as expensive to ship in. They may look at those but in the end I do not think they will go that way.

The higher Yankaroo prices their candles the better for all of us.

All I seem to hear from people and customers is how high priced they already are.

I see it as an opportunity for all of us to promote our candles!!!

Quality Candles at an affordable price!!! santa razz

I agree with Vicky about tarts not being the new trend, I am sure they will go up in price also.. Plus, people enjoy the light of a candle, and always will.:cool2:

Your will always have your tart lovers and candle lovers..

I know most of the store owners in our area want to carry candles that are made in Texas.

I'm exclusive in my daughter's store. The only down side of that is no one else will carry me. They don't like to compete against each other with the same product. I would at least like to be represented in two places.

In general, and not just Yankee-fied, I see people looking to go away from wicked products. As much as they love them, they are afraid of burning their house down or forgetting they are lit.

Around here Yankee isn't that popular. In larger towns, most people know the name, but they buy the Yankee for the scent, not how it burns. They'll still pay the price for themselves, mention the black soot, but say the scent is so worth it. For decoration, they go for the sales where candles are cheap to make a centerpiece. Some even throw them away after that.

Moreso this year there were a lot of people asking for wickless.

I'm thinking that many people will go to wanting wickless and electric warmers and also room sprays in the same fragrance as their candles- some of my customers LOVE how you can scent your room and light the candle at the same time and it's like you can smell the candle immediately. By the time the room spray starts to dissapate, the candle is filling the room. Of course, you'll always have your die hard candle people, so no discontinuing of wicked candles either. AND some people around here are only now discovering melts. If I carried a range of electric tart melters, I'd sell alot more melts.

-Kristi

In general, and not just Yankee-fied, I see people looking to go away from wicked products. As much as they love them, they are afraid of burning their house down or forgetting they are lit.

Around here Yankee isn't that popular. In larger towns, most people know the name, but they buy the Yankee for the scent, not how it burns. They'll still pay the price for themselves, mention the black soot, but say the scent is so worth it. For decoration, they go for the sales where candles are cheap to make a centerpiece. Some even throw them away after that.

Moreso this year there were a lot of people asking for wickless.

Same here. We've had so many people request wickless that I'm currently working on them and will be introducing them soon. A bit late in the season, but oh well. I am also seeing more and more people wanting electric wax/tart melters and wax melties.

Same here. We've had so many people request wickless that I'm currently working on them and will be introducing them soon. A bit late in the season, but oh well. I am also seeing more and more people wanting electric wax/tart melters and wax melties.

Same here...I have been so busy pouring tarts and wickless and testing those with new scents..I haven't had time to catch my scent list up for my wicked candles for my wickless products as far as having time to test fully and get them added.

Yes the wick candles are very popular but the tarts and clamshells are growing for me too. Kids who are headed off to college can't burn candles but they can melt tarts and clamshells. Same goes for people in offices who want to add scent to their work spaces. I see the tart market growing as we get busier in or everyday lives. No open flame is a big draw.

Fire