Taper Candles for Lori

Donita

Yesterday was a memorial for my baby sister Lori. Two of my sisters also included our mother who died a few years ago. It was held at Lighthouse Field in Santa Cruz, Ca. I wasn't able to attend so sent some food. I found these little angel candle holders that Lori gave me for Christmas several years ago. I am so happy I didn't leave them in Virginia. So....yesterday morning I melted a pitcher of beeswax and made these little candles to perfectly fit the holders. I am not a taper candle maker so I researched this board and got some tips. I am so angry that I left all of my dipping vats in Virginia so I had to make due with a pitcher. It worked. Now I am hooked on tapers. I will be reading more in the archives and experimenting with wicks, diameters and beeswax.

My sister in Virginia called me at when the ceremony was just starting and we both lit candles for her.

Then after all was over, my youngest son called to tell me that his father died yesterday. So last night I made another taper candle to light for him.

Today is better. Thank heaven.....and it forced me to do a much needed cleaning in my tiny studio. I can actully see some wax now....(smile)...Donita

post-248-139458438309_thumb.jpg