Bitter Creek

Spellkast

Ok guys, I see that a LOT of people on this board use BCN. I ordered a sampler from them like 9 months ago, and I HATED all of the scents OOB. Was I being too harsh? Should I give them another try in my candles? People rave about them, and there are a few scents I carry that I;m not entirely thrilled with, so...are they just bad smelling in the bottle and transform in candles, or do you guys think they smell the same in the bottles as they do in the candles...if so, then maybe they really weren't what I was looking for...thanks guys!!!!

I use quite a few scents from BCN (and BCS) and I think they are great. I haven't liked every FO I received, but most are keepers. I would definitely try them again. I love their strawberry jam, verbena berry, harvest, black cherry, caramel, wildberry zinger tea, chocolate raspberry roll, vermont maple syrup, dewberry, jingleberry.

Not sure what you ordered, but haven't really had anything of their's arrive stinky that stunk in wax either. Shouldn't judge by oob! I had the stinkiest vineyard FO out of Candle Coccoon, but man what a difference it made in wax! Turned into something I ended up liking lol.

I agree that you can never judge OOB and sometimes,you can't judge a cold throw either. FOs change in wax and soap and you just never know until you try them. I bought a bottle of Lemongrass and Star Anise from BCN's WYW line and thought it smelled horrible OOB. I put it in soap and it is now one of my favorites.

From BCN I use or have gotton an excellent throw in my soy with:

Creme Brulee

Bluberry muffins

lemon verbena

ocean mist

tropical papaya special

basil sage mint

lemon pucker

balsam sandlewood

fresh cut lilacs

I've used others that are great too but can't think of them off the top of my head.

most of my best scents did not smell good in the bottle.if they are so strong they smell bad most the time they seem to have a good throw.most the time to me if they smell great in the bottle they are to weak.i no shouldnt but if they smell weak in the bottle i do not even try them any more. i never have had one throw good if it seemed weak in the bottle.