Clamshell Tarts and C3 - what other wax?

Sounds like most of you are doing well with tarts and I find myself using them alot. So, I'm ready to embark on adding soy tarts to my line as well as electric warmers. I currently use C3 and would like to use this for the tarts but want them to come out of the clamshell mold easily. I understand I should add a pillar wax...does it matter what kind and what would the ratio be? Also, I was looking at WSP's clamshell molds. Are these good quality and has anyone had the skunk problem with these that someone mentioned they had with another clamshell mold supplier.....

As always, thanks for the forum's valuable knowledge.

The C3 comes out of my clamshells just fine in the winter, but in the hot, humid summer it gets a little sticky. I was adding 25% of votive or pillar wax to C3, but when they sit for a while they get quite ugly. So if you want to add one of these to the C3 to make it harder, I would suggest using just 5-10% and they should pop right out winter or summer.

I do add USA currently to the C3 so just adding beeswax sounds like a good option. Next question, where's a good place to get beeswax....and how much do you add to a pound of C3. I add about 2 tsp of USA to a pound of wax.

Thanks again.

JBN, CS, etc. carry beeswax in pastille form. I used the white pastilles because I was afraid the natural colored ones would (dis)color the wax. Try one tablespoonful per pound and see what you think. I use slightly more USA (JBN) than you do, so that might also have a bearing on the results I got from adding beeswax. HTH:D