Glass Blocks ????

HeavenScentU

It depends on what size you have but I make all sizes and these are my instructions on how to size and resize your graphics. I use word to do this:

This is how I resize my graphics for the glass blocks:

I mainly use bought graphics and they are easily resized but some graphics will not resize properly and morph.

1.Open word insert your photo.

A. You can insert any picture to word by opening word and selecting "tools" and then "picture" then "from file". A window opens up and you can browse your computer for you picture or graphic. Select your pic and then click "insert" and you graphic or pic is now in Word.

2.Right click and select "format picture".

3.Select from the tab "layout" and "behind text"

4.Click ok, now you can move your graphic around the page where ever you want.

5.Right click again on graphic and select "format picture".

6.Select "size" from the tab.

7.Un-check the box that says "lock aspect ratio"

8.Enter your size for large block- 6.75x6.75

medium size block 6.75x4.75 and skinny block 3x6.75.

9.Select ok

Your graphic should be sized just how you want now for all 3 sizes of blocks.

You can use these instructions to make pictures smaller too.

Tip: if you are just resizing the entire graphic omit above step 7 unless you know the exact size you want but otherwise leave the box checked so you have the graphic automatically sized.

I guess I was under the impression, you wanted to make big pictures smaller of these blocks, to post or something. Sorry for the misunderstanding, but what is it you do with these blocks? LOL They're decorations or something?

I use to sell mine for $25 when I first started making them 4 years ago but now I sell them for $20 b/c there are more peeps making them.

The drilling can be messy and it is hard when you do so many at a time. I love making them, especially deciding about what graphics to put on them and personalizing them with family pictures and baby announcements.

Lorrie, my Home Depot use to sell them but they stopped and now the only place is Lowes that I can buy them at. I have heard that other hardware stores sell them like a place called Meyer? Maynerds? I'm not sure of the name but it's a craft store of some sort.

Yikes! That makes them $4.70 each, I think I pay no more than $3.00 a piece. You can also I believe go to HD and order them and have them delivered to your store for free as long as you buy a case.

I found a few results when entering "glass blocks" in home depot's search engine. There might be less expensive ones. I just might have missed them. 3 dollars for one is much less expensive. I like your price better. LOL

Lorrie, my Home Depot use to sell them but they stopped and now the only place is Lowes that I can buy them at. I have heard that other hardware stores sell them like a place called Meyer? Maynerds? I'm not sure of the name but it's a craft store of some sort.

Thanks. The nearest one are about an hour away. Next time I that way I will have to check them out. Thanks

I had a friend bring a glass block over to show me. Very pretty just a hole drilled in it and a small strand of white lights thrown inside maybe 35 lights or so with a ribbon and bow. The block layed down like a package. She paid 25.00

You know, I was thinking of buying one of these, and putting a school picture in it. Maybe find some uv resistant glue and coating to put over it to protect it. I think it would be a nice way to display a favorite school picture. Would be nice if something could be done to be able to remove the picture easily and not ruin it, so you could change them out as new ones come in over the years. That really is a cute little crafty idea with the lights in it. Love it! :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...