Extra small wick centering tools

Does anyone know where to get these for a 1 3/4" inside diam container? Everything I'm finding is too big and popsicle sticks just don't do the trick in the oven with palm wax, they move around too much. Thought I saw extra small posted somewhere, but can't find it.

when I use the popsicle sticks I find i have to have the rubber bands very close to the jar like touching or they do move around on me....sorry thats all the info i have but am curious as to where small centering tools would be also

Thanks Gdawg, that will work when I don't have too many containers to do. I have to make 100+ of these and I was hoping to do 50 at a time since they only hold about 2 oz of wax...the thought of putting 100 rubber bands on 50 popsicle sticks??? I do have some "small" wick centering tools that I bought from Let it Shine, but they don't carry an extra small.

Is it for tealights if so here's the link http://www.wickcenteringtool.com/default.asp?S=503&A=E&PKV=TLWCT-1|0

Hope this helps

Those look really cool. I hate it when I have like 100 tealights to make and I have to hover over them... but, I rarely have to make that many at once.

I don't think tealights are what she is talking about, though- no way they hold 2 oz of wax. Maybe a small hex jar?

What about the larger craft sticks? I use them- my son drilled holes in them for me and I just wait for the wax to set up a bit, then put the wick through the hole, bend the wick over the stick a bit... then occasionally peek at them to ensure none are wandering. I think they're about 2" wide. I got mine at AC Moore, but they sell them at Walmart sometimes, too... and other places. Only thing is they are a bit long. Maybe they could be cut in half or something so that they aren't taking too much room up.

If I come across anything, I'll post again :)

Good Luck!

It is actually for a mini status jar 3 oz, but only really holds about 2 oz of wax. I'm doing a couple of weddings that both want these to use as favors...one wants palm wax and the other soy. It's the palm wax that worries me because if I don't put it in the oven to set up, it doesn't crystalize properly.

If Vicky's tea light tents won't work they also sell this one. http://www.wickcenteringtool.com/default.asp?S=503&A=E&PKV=WCT-9ozHex|0 is that about the right size for you? (I have no idea what the opening on a 9 oz hex is)

If you can't find anything have to tried pouring the palm in a small cooler then just close the lid. As long as you have a good amount of jars in there, the jars will generate enough heat for the palm to crystallize properly.

hth,

Karen B

It is actually for a mini status jar 3 oz, but only really holds about 2 oz of wax. I'm doing a couple of weddings that both want these to use as favors...one wants palm wax and the other soy. It's the palm wax that worries me because if I don't put it in the oven to set up, it doesn't crystalize properly.

I've tried both ways with my glass glow- putting them in the oven, and just putting them on a rack (placed on top of a large baking dish) with a box or large rubbermaid container over them.... The wax set up nicely, with beautiful crystals.

I'm assuming you've tried the box method?

If Vicky's tea light tents won't work they also sell this one. http://www.wickcenteringtool.com/default.asp?S=503&A=E&PKV=WCT-9ozHex|0 is that about the right size for you? (I have no idea what the opening on a 9 oz hex is)

If you can't find anything have to tried pouring the palm in a small cooler then just close the lid. As long as you have a good amount of jars in there, the jars will generate enough heat for the palm to crystallize properly.

hth,

Karen B

Thanks for the ideas Karen. Robert is actually going to work on making something to fit my container! :yay: The tealights, I believe are too small and the small tool is way too big, even with adapters....these are exactly 2" across.