I did it!!!!

I produced a decent candle!!!! I love it! Yep, before ya ask, test burned it and every thing. I got kind of scared becaust it got a wet spot on one side but I just warmed the spot with a hair dryer and poof... it was gone! Good wick, good melt pool and excellent scent throw!

I'm on my way!!!! :D

I got kind of scared becaust it got a wet spot on one side

Wet spots are a minor cosmetic issue that come and go on nearly ALL container candles. Not worth worrying about, especially after the candle is lit...

Good wick, good melt pool and excellent scent throw!

What size container was this? How long was your test burn? How long did it take to achieve the melt pool? How deep was the MP? What size was the flame (in inches)?

As Dawg said, burn it all the way down. A test burn doesn't just mean lighting it once or twice...:wink2:

Good luck! Sounds like you are havin' fun now, yeah!!:D

bravo! it's great to see progress isn't it? I'm struggling cause I have difficulty getting an adequate melt pool without a huge flame which I hate. Seems good on the first burn or two, but then I start needing to trim the wick smaller and smaller to get a normal flame... and there's only so low you can go LOL!

but I'll get it all figured out - eventually.

bravo! it's great to see progress isn't it? I'm struggling cause I have difficulty getting an adequate melt pool without a huge flame which I hate. Seems good on the first burn or two, but then I start needing to trim the wick smaller and smaller to get a normal flame... and there's only so low you can go LOL!

but I'll get it all figured out - eventually.

Right there wit'ya CareBear! I'm starting to HATE containers again *lol*

Anjie,x.

I produced a decent candle!!!! I love it! Yep, before ya ask, test burned it and every thing. I got kind of scared becaust it got a wet spot on one side but I just warmed the spot with a hair dryer and poof... it was gone! Good wick, good melt pool and excellent scent throw!

I'm on my way!!!! :D

I am soooo jealous...in all my years I have never been able to test burn a whole candle and get great results that fast.

I am soooo jealous...in all my years I have never been able to test burn a whole candle and get great results that fast.

That was actually my 5th renovitioon on that one candle. The first had little scent throw, the second was too oily, the third the wick kept going out, fourth was more than one issue and finally... with the little tweeking of my recipe, a change of wick, and a different spot in my house to set... it seemed to work and now is off to a friend to test burn.

What size container was this?

8 oz. apothcary Jar

I am assuming by double wicking you mean putting two wicks in the candle in separate places? I have not yet heard that term and am unfamiliar with it's meaning and purpose. What is double wicking?

It was only a small jar, the mouth being 2 inches. I used a square braid from a place I buy from, SwanS. 60-44-18 Zinc cored.

How did your flame do? That wick seems to be kinda big for a jar 2inch diameter.

Maybe you can teach us some things.

I'm scared to try that size of a wick in such a small opening....scared my house may say poof after so many burns.

Do you have a pic of it lit you can post?