Set my kitchen on fire!!

Must be the day for it!

Just turned the gas burner on, turned my back a second to get the pot of wax, and when I turned back, there were flames everywhere.

I'd left some kitchen roll I'd used, too close to the burner and it had caught!!

whoosh, right up the side of my microwave, luckily I had a large metal pan in front of it that stopped it getting to the microwave or wall.

I grabbed a teatowel, stopped! ran and wet it thru and put it out. No damage except 1 plastic chopstick ;)

Hubby getting a fire extinguisher from work tomorrow.

Could have been worse.

Oh my gosh - think I just won't even turn my stove on today. Tell hubby there is a rash of kitchen-stove related fires going around. Sounds like a good excuse to me not to cook supper:yay:

Yeah - in the south we still have supper at night and dinner around 12:00 daytime. :P

LOL I had smoke belching out of my oven today but that was my cooking not anything candle related. Was cooking a roast and the fat sounded like it exploded in the roaster and shot all over the oven. Damn my eyes were stinging trying to clean that up.

JV, I'm with you. Have a one on my kitchen counter for yrs about 3' from the stove. Had been told not to keep it right next to the stove. Just realized it has been yrs since I read the instructions. Probably better do a refresher on it sine I have never used one.

JV, I'm with you. Have a one on my kitchen counter for yrs about 3' from the stove. Had been told not to keep it right next to the stove. Just realized it has been yrs since I read the instructions. Probably better do a refresher on it sine I have never used one.

If it's truly been years, it most likely needs replacing. Worse thing that could happen is to think you have an extinguisher and it doesn't work! They lose their charge after a while. Mine have to be charged and tagged once a year.