Fragrance help

LynnS

Looking for a awesome young girl scent for a 6 year old girl who passed away a couple months ago. A family friend is giving every family member a car freshener. Looking for is a nice soft smell.

Not only will this be a scent for the fresheners it will be this little girl's scent. Not named after her but meant for her and her only and for the family to remember her by. I guess I could use one and re-name it. One that the family and friends thinks she would like. Any suggestions what to name it. Also any fragrance that comes to mind or think of any good mixers.

We are kinda thinking something with Angel in the new name.

Thank You

LynnS

I think ANYTHING 'Angel' would be absolutely perfect in this situation...

But if you have any more info at all on what she likes: favorite color, favorite fruit, favorite song, cartoon, person, pet, etc. What was her bedroom theme? A lot of people are easier summed up by their favorite rooms. For instance she may be a 6 yr old girl, but if it was MY 6 yr old it would have been tomboy type stuff and NOTHING angel, princess or diva, lol. So what other info do you have?

Sweet Innocence from OT. It's a light, powdery, clean... girly smell or

Powder Puff from JS....

It all depends what direction you are going for these scents...

I'd definitely rename it to fit the situation. Six years old... that's so sad.:(

Her favorite thing was hearts so car fresheners are hearts. She was a older sister to 2 younger brothers but do know she loved to plant a garden.Helped her dad with that and loved doing it.

This sales rep is a new one and my first and I have the honor of helping this family(sales rep's friend) . I don't want to bombard them because it is still healing time and will be forever but still not sure what they want this soon.

The other thing I have in mind(my idea) is a memory candle. Her picture and as the candle is lit, her image. I am sure all have seen them.My candle supplier showed my husband and I how to make them over a year ago. Not to hard but still in the testing stage and need to see it again. I will probably see if I can find some instructions.Problem is we have never tried a pillar. Need to go there first. Then the harder things. I even saw how to do the pressed flowers and about the same way.

These names are great.All of them.Not sure if me and the sales rep should decide. Mom and Dad might know just what fits her.I would hate to make that decision and not my child. I sure will tell them where I got my ideas.Off my candle board.Where I learn and also get ideas this good. I wrote all down and will e-mail them tomorrow. I told the rep her memory will live on.

I thought of the memory candle and dumb me has no idea how to make one but will try.If not I am back asking for more help. I bet hubby and I will have

some duds at first. I have said I want to do pillars for 2 years and now is the chance.Something fancier but they won't sell in this area.Just for my site.

I will keep in touch and see what is decided.The 3 fragrances that we chose so far are Angel Wings,Pink Sugar and Endless Love.I will send samples and they can do the picking. I will add Angel tears and Sweet Innocense. Great choices. This might take a while to get mailed and what is wanted.

This is a unique and a great way for family and friends to remember her.I like the concept but not the sadness.Just think her own scent her own candle and her memory will be everlasting with these things around.

LynnS

Try Children's Room from NG. It smells like Love's Baby Soft. It reminds me of being a little girl and having my first perfume.

If that doesn't sound good, then they also have a very nice scent called Beach Baby. It's a plumeria and powder mix. It's really nice also. Gave this to a couple recently who have a new baby and they are not fragrance people (you know, people who dont buy candles or wear cologne, weird, LOL) and they really like this scent.

I think what you are doing is awesome. I cant imagine losing a child.

Here's a few idea.

What about making air fresheners in whatever scent is chosen.

Make a hang tag with child's pic, name and a saying or something

I know label by sheets have those nice hang tags going on. and they may be able to print on it for you, not sure if they offer that yet since it's new.

but they're very helpful!

Now for memory candles, Why not make a smooth shell (electric or tealight type) put a pic of the child on there. using decal water slip type.

Just a thought. So sad about the child.

Hope this help

Meg

Meg,

I did think about a pic on the heart freshener. I do the scent but rep might lightly glue a pic of maybe just her face. With the heart would have to be small.

Happy with all these fragrance ideas.

Will check labels by sheet and see about those hang tags.Curious to see what they are.

Thanks To All,

LynnS

With the extra info you have provided I think 'Angels Garden' would be a nice dedication name for a little girl that was once here, is no more, but loved gardening when she was. It could be floral based, floral and powder based or greenery and powder based.....

Or I just thought of this...'Angel Heart'. I like the FO Angel Wings... I think I've only smelled the one from GL and it really is soooo nice, and clean and soft and pleasant. And the best thing about it, I think, for your application, is that it is not too feminine and is unisex enough for all to like it and be able to enjoy it.

Good luck with those memory candles!

The rep thinks maybe Innocent Angel.The family called her their angel. We do have Sweet Innocense suggested. I was thinking Sweet Angel like someone else.I like Angel Wings but so many companies have that. Also the one I use is pepperminty but the one my rep got one time was a floral like Blazeria mentioned.I am sure she won't like that sample I send so might need to send the one Blazerina mentioned.Or I can find a floral from a supplier near me to send to her and call it Angel Wings. Stupid to send a peppermeint sample when it is a soft floral or relaxing scent we want.

Blazerina That name is also a good idea. After planting a garden of veggies she did say call me Farmer ______. She loved gardening and let it be known. I am sure she planted flowers too with her dad and mom. Garden can refer to flowers or veggies. Incorporate garden maybe if rep would like that.

LynnS

I thought I come up with ideas. Did some but a name I just couldn't till asking all of you.Great ideas.Makes it so much easier for me.

The others have mentioned great scents and great names....just wanted to say that this breaks my heart. I just couldn't go on living. Can't even think about such a tragedy.

I'm sure you'll find the perfect scent for this little girl.