Polypropylene, polythene, poly wotsit!!

I want some new bags, and can't find cello in size I want, so was looking at poly ones. I read they had to be polypropylene, but I can only find them listed as polythene. Is it the same?

I'm in the UK, and hoping, its a conversion thing ;) and that polythene, is really polypropylene.

I think polythene and polyethylene are different things, the one you need has the little recycling triange with the number 5 in it. Anything else (I THINK! DON'T QUOTE ME) has been known to suck the scent out of your wax.

Good luck finding them, have you tried ebay, I've gotten them there in the past.

Anjie,x.

Polythene and polypropylene are two different plastics. Polythene is used in plastic shopping bags (although does come in various thicknesses though).

Polypropylene is clearer (polythene can be quite opaque), and it has that sort of a crinkly gift wrap feel and sound to it (polythene bags are softer more like what are used in hospital for transporting blood samples). It doesn't leech the smell out of the candle as much as polythene does. I stored some candles in a polythene bag waiting for my new supply of cello bags to arrive. They didn't smell nearly as strong coming out of the polythene bag as they did going in.

HTH.

Lisa

but try My Girlfriends House.com (something like that)

for a ton of cello bags in all styles and sizes. I'm sure if you ask they will be able to tell you the 'polywotsit' :cheesy2:

wow that is a neat site, I have never heard of them before thanks for sharing