name ideas, please help

wczirr

Here is what crafts I currently make:

wax dipped bears

tart/melts

wickless candles

bath & body products

recipes in a jar gifts

chocolate dipped spoons(for coffee or hot chocolate)

my craft list continues to grow too....my 8 year old (almost 9) even makes her own line of bath & body products (in special kid approved scents :cheesy2: the kid that approved, being herself:yay: ) she of course has my help when needed.

I am looking to come up with a nice "catchy" name, something that would strike one as countryish....possibly something to do with scents/fragrance...:confused: :confused: :confused: I am coming up with a blank. I want to steer away from using my name...I have my first craft show next week and it would look more professional to have a name....It only takes a short time to do a dba.

thanks in advance so much,

wendi

Ok, i'll just toss some out there... it will be up to you to make sure you aren't stepping on any toes in case they are used already. I have browsed so many sites and heard and seen so many fragrance and company names that I'm completely clueless as to what belongs to who anymore!

I do think you will eventually wish you had put some long hard thought into choosing a business name, but just for now... here are some ideas...

Fragrant Indulgences (seems familiar to me, might be used already)

Nifty & Sniffy

Teddy Bear's Treats

Sniffy Bear Treats ( im so very un-country- so BEAR with me :cheesy2: )

Family Tree Gifts or

Apple Tree Gifts

Treasure Lane Scents & Gifts

Treasure Lane Creations (TLC)

Cottage Creations

That's all I got. Maybe this will help start the creative juices flowing. Let us know how your show goes. Good luck.:)

I know, well I have always lived in the country...and love it. I like things that make one feel 'homey' 'country'. I wanted to make it cover a somewhat wide range because I make a wide variety. I really want to get into doing craft shows,so now it is time to come up with a name....here are some of my ideas (some are kind of lame, so bear with me :cheesy2: ) I will admit most have the word country in them, only cause I am stuck with that in my brain...but here goes;

Country Creations

Country Treasures

Treasures from the country

Whispers of the Country

Country Whispers

Home in the Country

Whispering Evergreens Creations

Hometown Girl

Welcome Home Scents (but I want to incorporate more than just scented crafts)

See I am stuck----:P (<---these faces are sooo cute)

So any thoughts, please like I said I am in a little of a brain freeze and very welcoming to everyones thoughts or ideas...want everyone to be wow that is nice, then remember my name:yay:

Wendi

Guest Candelishis

I like Hometown Girl! That's cute. Country but classy at the same time. And being that your daughter does stuff, it's even cuter! That's my vote :)

Or put an ( 's ) after what ever name you choose to show there are 2 of you.

Unless I read your post wrong, Late Night, apostrophe s doesn't signify more than one. Apostrophe s indicates ownership.

Hometown Girls would signify more than one person.

Hometown Girls' Creations would indicate more than one owner.

I like Mom & Me. But what will happen when she's a teenager and no longer interested?

Unless I read your post wrong, Late Night, apostrophe s doesn't signify more than one. Apostrophe s indicates ownership.

Hometown Girls would signify more than one person.

Hometown Girls' Creations would indicate more than one owner.

I like Mom & Me. But what will happen when she's a teenager and no longer interested?

You're right, I was having a senior moment. Fingers typing faster than the brain thinks. I really do know better. Nix the ' :laugh2:

This board is great... ok I kind of narrowed it down to 2 that I like the most;

Hometown Girl Creations

:yay: or

Country Girl Creations

both of which I am bringing to county clerks office.

Which of the 2 sounds better, cause that will end up being the first checked through my county dba process...

I would love my daughter to be involved even into her adult years but we all know the teenage years can be tough:sad2:

She wants to call her stuff Country Kids, but that is probably cause of my names I am working on.

thanks again!

Wendi

I hate to throw a monkey wrench in the pit, but I like Country Girl Creations. Then your daughter can have her 'line' of products as the 'Country Kids' line, and it would all tie in. It wouldn't have to be a permament part of the Biz either- just like a seasonal line that comes and goes, etc...but you can claim it if you like assuming it's not taken.

When thinking of a business name I often think about the initials and how they roll off the tongue. Let's assume you get really big and popular...people will sometimes abbreviate or initialize your business name when referring to it. (as you see done here a lot... and I have the hardest time with places like RA/ whatever, lol... see I can't even remember:rolleyes2 )Also, for those times when your business name just won't fit on the packaging, etc... CGC looks good, and is easy to say and remember. Just one of those little things that are good to think about because when you are stuck with something for the long run, it can drive you nuts if you aren't happy with it.

I like Country Girl Creations best! Good luck. Also do a domain search for a website by this name and go to the trademark site to search for that name. It may make a difference when you're pulling in the big bucks! It's trademark, right? I always get trademark and copyright mixed up. :)

BTW, DD could certainly have a Country Kids Collection under your umbrella. Sounds good.

Ok, went to my county clerks office, they did a search and the lady said that there is a name called Country Creations, soooo Country Girl Creations can't...She did say Country Girl can be used, soooo help with another word besides creation,.......

Thanks,

Wendi

I like all the ideas,so keep them coming as soon as it strikes me I will let everyone know. Sometimes it takes me a little bit then I will be like WOW thats it....I actually took a few times to see Country Girl in writing to know that is kind of where I wanted to focus it....:) So please keep ideas coming Thanks soooooo much it helps to have extra brains working :)

wendi

Since there already is a Country Girl...why not trying another word in front of it instead of behind it. They say try to use numbers or the letter A so you come up 1st in listings, but I would be more concerned of the name getting lost in a bunch of country names.

Country Girl isnt taken, but I cant use County Girl Creations because there is a Country Creations in our area and she said that was too close. So she said omit the word creations and come up with something catchy with the words Country Girl. Soooo now that is my mission. I tried asking her if I could add to the Country Girl Creations with a The or something and she said no they won't allow cause it is too close to the other name.... So I am trying to come up with something with the phrase Country Girl in it but not creations...I have looked in the thesaurus to try and come up with other words...My mom being the comedian that she is says hey name it "Country Girl Pleasures" I was like yeah right ....she was like all the guys would find it interesting and send their wives to buy :) She is funny sometimes....Here are some other names she said:

Country Girl Treasures

Country Girl Inspirations (which another poster gave too, :) )

Country Girl Gifts

So I am trying to think of variations of that. I like how it sounds I guess...but I am open to other thoughts too

Thanks Again,

Wendi

Running with the 'A' concept mentioned by KandleKrazy...

A Country Lane

A Country Girl's Way

Crafty County Girl (Gifts)

Country Girl Treats

A Country Girls Treasure

Country Girls' Treasures

Country Girl Caboodles (caboodle meaning -Lot, group or bunch, collection)

Country Girl Home Collection

A Country Home

Hometown Girl Creations

You are a great thinker that is for sure! I am going to write the ones down that catch my attention the most, then go to bed...that is where I seem to think alot before eventually falling asleep. That is a downfall of thinking up a name :bliss:

wendi