Triple Scented Tarts

I have a question. Lets see what you all think. I have been watching ebay and esty and I have noticed that some people are advertising triple scented tarts. How can this be I thought with making soy tarts you only use 1 to 1.5ozs per pound of wax. If they were to triple scent them it would be 3 to 4.5 ozs per pound. Woulden't that be way to much FO. I could be wrong but I would think the FO would seep out of the tart. Something to think about Regina :cheesy2:

You should do a search on this one- been talked about quite a bit. The typical answer is that "normal" fragrance load can be considered .5 oz/ lb, so triple scented would be 1.5 oz per pound. Honestly, I want a kick butt throw at 1 oz / lb or I don't use it. To me, it seems a waste of money to use more- it really doesn't help with good wax and oils. A wax can only absorb so much anyway, even with additives.

-Kristi

The use of "triple scented" in a product with only one scent just chaps my fanny....

Any wax type has a "saturation point" when it comes to how much FO it can bind with. Beyond that point the FO will just seep out and be wasted - throwing away your $$.

I always compare it to making sweet tea or kool-aid with real sugar - you add enough sugar and it will simply stop dissolving and settle to the bottom. At that point the water has reached its saturation point with respect to the sugar.

For someone to say theirs is triple-scented compared to mine, they would have to know how much FO I put in and since they don't know that, it's a bogus claim. As Stella rightly points out - a sales ploy.

Sadly the buying public still gets caught up in it ... :(

It's the "more is better" mentality... even if a FO was more concentrated and "triple scented," do I really want my entire HOUSE to smell like red hots or cotton candy? I think these are the same folks whose perfume and aftershave preceed them when walking into a room and stay well after wearing out their welcome!! When everyone starts fumbing for their asthma inhalers when one walks into a room, ya KNOW you've got on too much smell-good!!:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

I make and sell quite a bit of incense and the one that bugs me is when other incense sellers use "triple scented" to sell their incense. Complete nonsense. Perhaps I should start quadruple scenting mine. :rolleyes2

So needless to say the whole triple scenting gimmick bugs me as well.

~Kelly~

I make and sell quite a bit of incense and the one that bugs me is when other incense sellers use "triple scented" to sell their incense. Complete nonsense. Perhaps I should start quadruple scenting mine. :rolleyes2

So needless to say the whole triple scenting gimmick bugs me as well.

~Kelly~

Keep it honest and you'll end up ahead, your customers will appreciate your honesty.