Pictures of my First Soap

8-GRAN-ONES

I used Black Raspberry Vanilla..I didn't have any colors..so I took out some before I added the FO..thinking it would turn dark after adding the FO..I had seen pictures of soaps here on this board that looked like frosting..So when I had poured the FO blend in my mold, I then stirred the left over mixture to a pretty good trace and spooned on top..

Could this still turn darker? Also Is it normal for them to still feel a little sticky?

I used Black Raspberry Vanilla..I didn't have any colors..so I took out some before I added the FO..thinking it would turn dark after adding the FO..I had seen pictures of soaps here on this board that looked like frosting..So when I had poured the FO blend in my mold, I then stirred the left over mixture to a pretty good trace and spooned on top..

Could this still turn darker? Also Is it normal for them to still feel a little sticky?

did you use castor oil in your recipe? I notice when I use castor oil, they feel a little sticky at first. Also, you should cover your mold with something after you pour the soap. To insure it is well insulated and you can avoid those ash tops.

Hey Ruth, great, great looking soap, your a natural!!

As for the BRV, depends on who's you use if it will turn.

I do BRV all the time and I have never had one turn on me yet.

I have a set that is about 3-4 months old and looks the same as it did the day I made it.

I used Berts..Heaven Scent ..FO..So far there is no change in color...

I am only speaking for what I have read here on this board, on how it performed..not on my own experiance..If I had some colors, I would have, had plenty of time to do swirls or what ever..To me it was very good...Thanks everyone for all this nice words..for a newbie..