what are your favorite wick types for soy

Obviously I'm just beginning my venture into wax and wicks.

I'm getting nifty soy sampler from candlesandsupplies.com but don't know what wick types to get for soy! I've done a LOT of reading and so far have learned zinc is maybe not a good bet for soy - but what is? (I've got some of those wick sample packs but have used some of them up in my messing around so far, so need to order more wicks)

I'm hoping, someday, to do containers AND pillars.

Any general or specific guidance you all can give would be so helpful.

I've been a die hard LX fan. At some point I tested ECO's and didn't like them - can't find in my notes why (but that was with a different wax then I'm using now). I found the rest of my ECO sample pack and have been re-testing them this week, and I must say that they are pretty amazing. Mushroom is much better, HT has improved. I also have some premier's to test, but I think I might not because of how well the ECO's are doing. The only reason I haven't tested CD's extensively is because I use Candle Science for as much as possible since they are within driving distance....

I usually use Eco's in my containers & votives & LX's in my pillars, tho the LX tends to mushroom more with certain FO's so I'll probably try the Ecos again but twisted this time.

Both LX & Ecos burn with a curl so the melt pool is a bit lopsided, a touch less so with the LX I think.

There's little choice here, for wicks & everything else I use.

Sally.

CareBear,

I use ECO's and CD's almost exclusively in my containers. To compensate for the curling I give them a slight twist but also offset them in the container to make up for it.

I will say that I've been testing an HTP for the luxury candle swap and have been pleasantly surprised.

Bad experiences with LX's.

Zincs butns through everything, I swear. If they only didn't mushroom so badly.