Made it through my 1st Craft Fair! (pics included)

cleanglow

Wow, what a week of stress and preperation. Thankfully it all paid off and I made 15X my booth fee! I was a nervous wreck in the morning, afraid that after all of the hard work and preperation, no one would purchase my candles. I'm sure we all have that fear at some time though. I almost died from excitement when people wanted to buy 2, 3, 4 and even more at a time!

It was a great learning experience to deal directly with the public. A completely different experience from wholesale... and I might have possibly gotten an account with a local floral shop that wants to sell candles! :)

Here are some pics of my setup...

Feel free to give me any tips or advice for things to change...

DisplayBooth1.jpg

DisplayBooth3.jpg

Guest Candelishis

I wouldn't change a thing!! In fact, lots of us (myself included) are probably drooling over your setup. It's beautiful!! Your candles are gorgeous, and your setup, like gloworm said, looks very professional, and clean and not cluttered. I'd totally buy a candle from you!! Good job.

bearhappy.gif

Yippie! The first one is under your belt! The bear is a representation of exactly how I felt after my first show was over

:D

Your booth looks so nice.. I really liked the table coverings you used, very rich and warm looking! Everything looks beautiful! Congratulations on a successful show~ and here's to many more to come! Cheers!

Congratulations on doing you first sale. I did my first show of the season today, and being a nervous wreck doesn't leave you. I left this morning for my show thinking I am making a mistake, but was I wrong it was the best show I have every done for sales. I can just hope that any other shows I do this year will be just as good.

Pam F

Thanks, everyone :)

It's funny, I've been selling my candles for almost 2 years now (wholesale and private label) and in sales for many years but I never got into the craft shows, not really sure why. It was so much work but worth it in the end.

I know one of you asked about the setup. It's actually hardwood flooring. We had an extra box after having our home done and my husband is very handy with wood. I am so thankful for his help, he has been so supportive through it all.

Yep everything looks great. I guess you had a little wind like we did this weekend. The table covers in the first picture looks like your tables are sitting on bean bags they are soo puffed up. lol

Glad your sales were good.

Bruce

The wind was insane. People were losing things left and right. The woman beside me had beautiful jewelry displays that kept flying everywhere. Vases went crashing to the floor. I held my breath, but was lucky not to lose anything. We actually had to remove the back part of out tent it was so bad!

Thanks, everyone :)

It's funny, I've been selling my candles for almost 2 years now (wholesale and private label) and in sales for many years but I never got into the craft shows, not really sure why. It was so much work but worth it in the end.

I know one of you asked about the setup. It's actually hardwood flooring. We had an extra box after having our home done and my husband is very handy with wood. I am so thankful for his help, he has been so supportive through it all.

That would be me lol and that looks so good, very professional and goes right along with your upscale looking candles. I am hoping by next year I am where I need to be and can do a show or two, or maybe this coming summer even, who knows. All the pics you guys post when you do your set ups give the rest of us ideas on how to set up and it's a huge help.