wax my wick???

Melt some paraffin and put some wick in and wait until it stops "fizzing" - take it out and wipe excess with a paper towel and stretch it out. Works for me.

:)

Thats just what I do, that way I can use as long or short a length as I need. Works out a lot cheaper too.

Sally.

I've messed around a lot with this. Priming doesn't accomplish much for the part of the wick that's in the candle. Raw wick works just as well.

You'd need to use very hot wax to force most of the air out, but when you wipe the wick with a paper towel it goes right back in like wringing out a sponge. Now you've got a damp sponge versus a dry sponge but they're both full of air.

I do like to have some wax soak into the part of the wick that's sticking out of the candle, for lighting purposes. Rather than priming it all just for that, I choose a method of wicking the mold that makes it happen.

melt your wax that you are using for your candle. submerge the desired amount of wicking until the air bubbles cease. then i use 2 skewers/chopsticks and pull the wicking in-between. it squeezes the excess wax out and saves your fingers from getting burned from the hot wax. let cool and it is ready to thread through the pillar.i only use this method for pillar molds that i used wick pins in.