70/30 blend

Ingrid

I see that many of you like GL's 70/30 wax and am wondering does anyone else carry that wax? I am in New York State and shipping from Texas will be prohibitive for me.

Hi Ingrid! Not sure where in NY State you live, but I live in PA. I just received 20lb of 70/30 from GL and the shipping was slightly less than $18.00. I was going to switch my soy choice, to try and save on shipping, but since I LOVE this wax I just couldn't do it. This is, by far, the greatest wax I've tried in the 2 years I've been making containers! Good luck.

I live in Syracuse, NY and have a few cases I could ship you that I am not using.

Do you mean the Green Leaf 70/30 or the Farm House that debscent mentioned?

I got my couple pounds of Green Leaf 70/30 today and it is too soft for votives. No surprise since it's a container wax. But I think I will melt it with the votive wax I have that I'm not 100% thrilled with and I've got a feeling it's going to work out well.

Darbla

OK. If you don't mind a softer votive (I put mine in the freezer to get it to release from the mold, and I'll have to be careful about bumping them around), this has an awesome cold & hot throw in votives when mixed half with IGI 4794 to make it a little harder! I wasn't quite thrilled so far with IGI 4794 (though others are great fans of this), and this blend is going to work for me!

I made some orange clove votives with this blend last weekend, took one to work to test it, set it aside and promptly forgot about it. I kept smelling this wonderful Fall scent and being the dummy I am, didn't even think about the votive and instead thought it was the potpourri pot I had plugged in even though I should've remembered a few days before when the pot scent had been faded and I hadn't refreshed it. I've been too swamped at work to pay much attention to my candle crafts that I cart back and forth and just didn't make that connection.

This a.m. I realized it was that one solitary votive! So since it'd set up a few days it was time to test it, and it's throwing like a mofo! Same wicks I used with the IGI 4794, but this is loads better! A co-worker came by and asked me to bring a load of them to work because she wants them!

And you can buy Green Leaf 70/30 in one pound increments, which I did. I probably would not have bought a whole 10 lbs to test votive blends (I'm not into container candles right now).

The only negative besides the softness (not a problem for me when it throws like this) is that this blend isn't taking color as well as IGI 4794 does. I'll have to keep tinkering with that, and I need to do a search for how much liquid dye these waxes can take.

Darble

I love the 70/30 as well. I use Eco 6's or 4's in my 8 ounce jelly jars. I am however having trouble finding a good wick for the 16 ounce jelly jars. Any suggestions. I've tried an Eco 10 it's too big IMO I'm thinking of trying an LX 18.

I've been testing 16oz salsa jars with 70/30 and I liked the eco 10, and I tried an lx 18, but it didn't burn quite to the edges. The eco 10 had a nice MP. I think I'm going to wick up on the LX. Also the cd wick did a nice job on my 8oz jar. I had a cd 10, but did not test cd's in the 16oz yet. I tried eco 8 and it was to small. I don't what I'm doing yet (for sure) with the 16oz, but I hope to hit on something soon! HTH