what's everyones favorite soy?

It varies from person to person. Everyone has a favorite depending on what works best for them. What I think is the best, someone else may hate and the reverse. Most people start with what is closest to them and try to make it work. I have tried at least 10 soy waxes and settled on KY soy, which I have to get out of state. But that is what worked for me.

Hi,

I have not tested as many soys as paraffin, but out of the ones I tested I prefer Calsoy CB-3. There are many who have not tried this soy because you have to get it on the west coast. Fortunately, that is a good thing for me. So far, I have tested Eco Soya 120, Eco Soya 135, Cargill C-3, Calsoy CB-3 and some soy/paraffin blends and the Calsoy CB-3 has worked the best for me. There are some things that I like better about the other ones but with all things considered Calsoy is it. I am sure there are many other good ones out there, but I am sick of testing. :rolleyes2

I also use Calsoy CB-3. I have not had any problems with frosting as others have had. It makes me nervous, though that I will soon. I have tried 7 different waxes, I dont want to switch again.:undecided Plus its really close as I live in the northwest.

I also use Calsoy CB-3. I have not had any problems with frosting as others have had. It makes me nervous, though that I will soon. I have tried 7 different waxes, I dont want to switch again.:undecided Plus its really close as I live in the northwest.

Hi LVN,

Do you color them? If so, which dye do you use? I now use Pryme with the colors that I have the most trouble with. It is a lot better, but there will still be a hint of frost and for sure after a burn but not ugly after the burn. I guess it can depend on what kind of dye used and how much, how much FO, and what pour temp and kind of environment. I don't mind a little bit of frosting. It is just the blotching kind that I can't stand. :undecided Do you warm your jars? I do and it does help. That is great that you are not getting frosting problems! :)

Cargil's C-3 here. Cargils did away with the C-2, which was my favorite soy wax!:cry2:

Used it for two years and thought it was the best and I could buy it locally so no shipping.

But Cargils got whiny letters about frosting and the fact that chandlers wanted better color so they came out with C-3, which is okay except for two things.

It doesn't have nearly the scent throw C-2 had

The curing time on candle went up to a full seven day when with the C-2 it was three days at the most!

Yes you can get better color and far less frosting but I'll take scent throw over frosting anytime and so will my customers.

But again, it's locally available to me so no shipping costs. And I go through quite a lot of wax, esspeially at this time of year!:yes:

Would like to add that I do add two other soy waxes to the C-3 to make my own blend of pure soy wax and those I do ship in!