Caffeine Soap - Shower Shock?

Crystala25

Has anyone ever seen this soap called Shower Shock, it says that "each bar of Shower shock contains approximately 12 servings/showers per 4 ounce bar with 200 milligrams of caffeine per serving." Is this even safe to put on your body, I wouldn't think that much caffeine would be okay?

http://www.thinkgeek.com/caffeine/accessories/5a65/

I once had a shower gel with caffeine from a men's skincare line and I can't say for sure if there was an effect, but it had some peppermint in it too and the overall experience was invigorating. You can absorb some caffeine through the skin but I'm curious how much has to be in a cleansing product in order to feel it.

If i'm not mistaken, a lot of companies add caffeine to anti cellulite creams. It's purpose is to plump up the skin to lesson the depth of the cellulite. (either that or it draws water retention out- can't remember now) Not sure how much they use but it's not entirely unusual. You would definitely have to soak in it and shower 3 times a day in it for it to have much if any effect. There was also a thread about this in the OT board a few months ago I beleive. Everyone pretty much agreed it was marketing. But if you beleive in it because it says so- it will probably work for you:D . No harm in that.

I prefer to mainline my caffeine. :D

:yes:Yep lol yep - I'm only a step away from direct iv or cutting to the chase & just chewing the grounds (choc-covered espresso beans - mmmmm).

Then again, I've heard tell of a few techniques - the lather up the bootie might do the trick - hmm - okay, TMI . . .:tongue2: