Can I call it 100% Soy

You can say "Made with 100% soy". But if you call it a "100% soy candle", I think that may be lying. You can say "100% All Natural Wax Candle". I think people like Beeswax, so you may sell more if you add that into your description. Like, "SoyBee Candle" or "Soy Candle with added Beeswax".

Just me throwing some things out and these are just my opinions, I'm not a lawyer.

You can call it anything you wish, and many people do.:) The "100% soy" refers to the type of wax used... meaning there is no other type of wax - it's all made from soy. If your candle contains a percentage of beeswax, it does not qualify within that definition... Thus, I don't think it would be truthful to say "100% soy", do you? What's wrong with calling it a soy wax/beeswax blend?:D I think that would be equally as acceptable to the "all-natural" crowd...

Yeah, silly question so I appreciate all your responses. I just got to thinking last night after all my testing and now thinking about adding beeswax I'm not 100% pure soy anymore. How can I even call it an all natural candle if I'm using Fragrance oil that has been chemically created??? Have I been inhaling too many fumes???

You shouldn't call it 100% pure soy candle, but you can call it 100% natural wax candle. That way you're only identifying the wax...not the fo or color additives. The whole pure/natural/all soy thing is so overdone out there. We all know what could be in the candles, but the general poplulation doesn't, so just be as honest as you can and your customers will appreciate you more for it.

I've heard beeswax is an issue w/ those seeking a Kosher Candle, so you may want to be cautious w/ the word natural. Personally, I have about an oz. of natural additives including beeswax, CO & PSA. My labels now say: Soy Wax Candle & my flyers define that I use 100% Soy Wax w/ natural additives including a small amount of beeswax, palm & coconut oils. Since there aren't any labeling laws for candles, it all boils down to a matter of conscience.

Susan.

Yeah, silly question so I appreciate all your responses. I just got to thinking last night after all my testing and now thinking about adding beeswax I'm not 100% pure soy anymore. How can I even call it an all natural candle if I'm using Fragrance oil that has been chemically created??? Have I been inhaling too many fumes???

Correct, you can say your candle is made with natural wax, but you can't say your candle is natural because of the FO and dyes.

Thanks again...good info and I really appreciate it. I searched for defintions on what it means to be a "natural" candle and any requirements associated with that but either I'm not searching right or the only requirement is your own conscious definition. Which I want to label correctly and honestly. Thanks for all your responses. :smiley2:

Correct, you can say your candle is made with natural wax, but you can't say your candle is natural because of the FO and dyes.

Exactly what I was about to say. :tongue2:

But you are right with the labels and flyers identifying what exactly is in your candles. I explain to the ones whom want an explanation and the rest just want a candle that is natural not paraffin.

Thanks again...good info and I really appreciate it. I searched for defintions on what it means to be a "natural" candle and any requirements associated with that but either I'm not searching right or the only requirement is your own conscious definition. Which I want to label correctly and honestly. Thanks for all your responses. :smiley2:

There is no "natural" definition for "natural." :) There is a LOT of all-natural stuff that I want NO part of!! Like ricin!!:shocked2: In think the fact that you are making hand-poured candles with great care speaks to your ethics. Sometimes marketing hype is just not needed - especially if you make a good product! Sure FOs are made artificially... they are also used in LOADS of cosmetics and stuff that is touted as "all-natural" and "pure."

State the basics of what's in your candles, make them well, and let your customers decide for themselves! I think you'll do just fine!:D