Soy/Veggie Blend vs. Plain Soy

Okay...now I have to ask. Those that have used both is the blend truly easier to wick? I'm not concerned with frosting as so far it hasn't been an issue... :tiptoe: yet. (I don't want to say that too loudly)

Can you also give me an idea of what they mean by a soy/veggie blend? What typically is the 'veggie' part?

TIA Stacy

• 2 weeks later...

I've use both pure soy and a soy blend from different companies. The soy/vegetable blend from one company can contain a differnet veggie component than another. I prefer the soy blend to the pure soy. I've tried adding the crisco and I don't recommend that. With the soy blend you don't have to. I've used beeswax as an additive for a beautiful top but it just wasnt' worth the second pour. If you pour the wax cool enough, the tops are beautiful without the beeswax.

BCN is 100% soy.

It used to have cottenseed oil in it about 2 years ago. But not anymore.

I also prefer a soy veggie blend. I have found it to be soooo mcuh easier to wick, and sets up nicer. My cold and hot throws are just as good as 100% soy... HTH:grin2:

I thought you were using 100% soy. EZ Soy plus testing C-3?

Hey Top,

I am using the C-3 which is 85% soy and 15% veggie additives per Nature Wax. (I had called and this is what they told me)

So C-3 is a blend. I KNOW it say 100% soy.

But this was the answer I got from Naturewax themselves.

This is what I wrote to Naturewax:

I do have a question, is this 100% soybeans?

Or is this a soybean base with botanical oils?

Any information on this wax would be greatly appreciated. All the

websites I viewed seem a little unclear about the ingredients. I was told that it was 100% soy, but information I read says it is vegetable based.

This is the response I got from Naturewax:

Thanks for the inquiry. Our wax is made from soybean oil which is under the classification of vegatable oils. The product contains a certain amount of additives to help improve functionality but does not contain botanical oils. If you would like to forward your address, I can put some information in the mail to you.

EZ Soy was what I used to use. (I am finishing it up now) I still have some left from my last pallet, but I like the C-3 best and I am slowly switching over to that wax as my primary soy.

EZ SOy and C-3 also make a nice blend... I can wick down when I mix them!!

Always testing !!!

Are you checking up on me TOP!!!!:D hahaha

Did you get to test the C-3???

Are you checking up on me TOP!!!!:D hahaha

Did you get to test the C-3???

LOL, kind of checking up on you!

Lately I've been thinking about whether I should have just been looking for the most well-designed veggie wax instead of focusing on 100% soy. Not like I care about Crisco vs. Wesson...whatever. So when you expressed that preference I looked back for what you might be referring to.

I was puzzled because EZ Soy is sold as 100% soybean and all the main suppliers seem to be billing C-3 that way too. Anyway it doesn't matter, I was just wondering.

Haven't tested it yet. The C-3 beckons to me. I'm really really looking forward to going back to play in the soy sandbox, but my mottled paraffin containers are taking a while to design and I want to get that out of the way.

Hey Candlegurl... I too would like to know what other veggies are in the waxes. ITtseems to be top secret and the companies won't tell you..

C-3 advertising does say its 100% soy: But as I said, a rep at cargill told me it is 85% with 15% other natural additives??

Even on my boxes of C-3 I have. It is a nature wax lable that says:

Container candle BLEND (Cargill)

Premium vegetable Candle Wax

It does not say 100% Soy wax.

Very Very confusing...

Here is a link saying that if a retailer uses 80% or more naturewax, then they qualify to use naturewax brand mark on consumer packaging.

http://www.naturewax.com/retailers.html

This article says it is a veggie based wax. Made from soy and other Veggies??

http://thesoydailyclub.com/BiodieselBiobased/cargill10112002.asp

While I have been testing, I am finding that mixing 100% soy (EZ SOY) and the C-3, I am getting a real nice candle. Less frosting, nice set up and a great throw... HTH you when you start testing!!!

Hey Top,

Stay out of trouble!!!!!:tiptoe: