Beeswax Everlasting Holder

Donita

I finally got around to trying this. I made beeswax hurricanes and poured out the first few inches as soon as the sides set up. I have glass votives in the "candle holders" as an experiment just to see how long I can burn them. If I were using plastic tealights there would be no problem, but I have to make something that can be used in the restaurant and burn all night.....hmmmm.....not so sure that this will work. The tealights don't last long enough, the plastic votive cups melt....and the glass gets hot. I may have to go to a 4" diameter mold. These are 3". I have little circles of cork under the votive glass and cork on the bottom so they don't mark up tables.

Donita

ps....the pink roses are little wild ones I found growing along the roadside by my house.

post-248-139458432813_thumb.jpg

post-248-139458432815_thumb.jpg

They are beautiful, but I would recommend the 4" size based on my experience with restaurants using 'canes and burning for hr & hrs. I made several 3" and they tested great - at my house!!! There is always some draft in a restaurant, whether it be from the doors being opened or the A/C kicking on and the 3" would suffer flame damage. We use the candle fuel thingy instead of tea lights. We decided against the tea lights cause the servers just don't have the time to tend the candle flame and being in a public setting, we thought the fuel jars were a better way to go...and the fire marshall agreed:cheesy2:. I use one of the fuel jars to make an indent in the wax while it was still soft - so that the jars won't slide too close to the sides of the cane if it's moved.

The candle fuels come in different sizes, some have a 10 hr burn time but you can also get 20hr burners. You'd have to lower the 'shelf' a little to accomodate the height of the fuel jar but that's no biggie. And the bottoms of the candle fuel jars never get hot:grin2: Here's a couple sizes..the one on the left is refillable -- the tiny one will burn 10 hrs and is only 2" high. A restaurant can usually get these by the case from their food vendor.

post-450-139458432828_thumb.jpg

Well....after a test burn of 4 hours I blew them out. A tea light would be fine but not the glass. I am trying to incorporate a flower arrangement and candle on each table. The servers keep putting the candles next to my flower arrangements and cooking them. (smile). I will do some shorter 4" hurricanes. The balloon orbs lasted for awhile but they hold too much heat due to the reduced space at the top. A straight sided 4" should work just fine and not take up too much room on the table tops. Back to the drawing board. I will find the perfect solution.....but it could take 20 years......experiment is my middle name. Tenacious too. (smile) Donita

Pam and Stella.....thank you so much. I just told Sid about them and he told me to order a case. I am sure (I think) that these would be perfect in a 4" hurricane. And....they are disposable so no one has to refill them. Again....I love CT........someone to my rescue again. Donita

• 1 month later...