Olive Blossom Castile in 3 Colors

Not a castile for the purists, this one is only 60% OO. I wanted to make an olive oil soap without getting into water discounting and slow cure my first time out. I guess I got what I wanted because it soaped more or less like any other recipe. Next time I won't play it so safe.

This was a slow recipe but only about the same as my slowest so far. I still mostly mixed it by hand and just nudged it along for a few seconds with the stick blender. Things went pretty normally in the mold and the bars are nice and firm now.

I like slow recipes. There was plenty of time to prepare 3 colors and get it all poured at thin trace. I guess the colors are some kind of homage to the shades of olive oil. Not a very original idea, but I like the way the colors and swirls turned out. I think I'll leave this one unbeveled for a change.

The fragrance is SW Andalusian Olive Blossom, a very nice scent.

Thanks for looking!

post-710-139458432656_thumb.jpg

post-710-13945843266_thumb.jpg

:bow:That is one transcendently made bar of soap :bow:

I've got to admit that I had to use the thesaurus to find a suitable substitute for great and awesome. I like the definition and will have to start using this word on a more regular basis (going beyond ordinary limits; surpassing; exceeding). :tiptoe: :tiptoe: :tiptoe:

Oh, man, what a fantastic look! That pattern style looks just like the weave on a rug. If you felt like it, you could do a whole Southwest line with all the appropriate colors & flavors like sage, sweetgrass, cornflower, etc.

You're such an artist. :bow:

Have you used any yet, what is your report on it?

Well I thoroughly washed my hands with a sliver of it and I think it'll be a very nice soap! Lathered pretty well, skin feels real good. If anything it maybe needs a bit more FO but we'll see how the fragrance does over time before drawing a final conclusion. I used 0.7 oz ppo.

NICE! What mold do you use? Your bars are so clean edged....

Just a Mr. Doright plastic mold lined with freezer paper. They come out fairly sharp without special efforts, but on top of that I do plane them. Just a paper thin slice off each surface.

I've got to admit that I had to use the thesaurus to find a suitable substitute for great and awesome.

I like a girl with a thesaurus. How about splendiferous?

You're such an artist.

With only 6 batches of soap completed, I'm no artist. All I do is mix stuff together. :)