Chocolate Pumpkin Chunk & Another

Brenda

Yesterday's batch of layered pumpkin FO soap served me up some lemons when the top layer went all globby and uneven during trace (I had used some older vanilla FO and I think that was the culprit). I spread it over the top of my good pumpkin layer anyway and hoped for the best.

Well the best didn't happen, so this morning I sliced off the awful tops, tossed them out, cubed a bunch of the nice bottom layer, and determined to still use them somehow. I mixed up a bunch of chocolate soap enough to fill up my 32 bar mold and this log mold, tossed the chunks in, and poured. I put a little cocoa in to give it some color right now before it darkens, so it should turn a nice brown. I would have used a cheesecake FO instead of the chocolate if I would have been so lucky to have had one on hand. :sad2:

chocolate_pumpkin_chunk_loaf.jpg

My other batch is Orange Pomegranate. I'm not a big fan of pomegranate, but it's more tolerable with a little orange in it. I had fun making this batch. I cut up some bars of "green smelling" soaps I had on hand into cubes and triangles and did a chunk layer.

orange_pomegranate.jpg

The pink which was the "top" in the mold is now the bottom!

Thanks for looking. :)

I tell ya Brenda you just make me :drool: :drool:

First, I will never understand how you make such pretty designs on top?

Second, someday I figure out how you pour a layer without the top sinking into the bottom. Does one make a batch and let it sit and make another for top or is in all in the trace?

Third, maybe I should give up trying to master soaps and just as Brenda to sell to me wholesale!!! I tell you....one tallented lady you are!!! God Blessed some of us with that talent and you were on the list!!!

ETA: Can't wait to see that puppy cut!

Thanks for your kind remarks! It occurred to me that I should have made the orange pomegranate at the beginning of the summer. :rolleyes2

First, I will never understand how you make such pretty designs on top?

Thanks for saying that! I'm the world's worst log mold soaper ever. This is the first time (apart from my stint of making whipped soaps) that I've ever gotten a half-way decent top on a log. I didn't show you my other log soap made with SC Grapefruit Ginger because it's very plain. :embarasse The scent is marvelous though. (IMHO this FO is what Yuzu ought to be!)

Second, someday I figure out how you pour a layer without the top sinking into the bottom. Does one make a batch and let it sit and make another for top or is in all in the trace?

The way that works for me every time (so that I get a nice even layer line) is to make each layer a separate batch. I've tried doing layers from the same batch, but just can't get the hang of it. I know there are others here who are adept at that method.

Thanks again to all who have commented! :)

Brenda, I know I will always get an eyeful when you post a pic! You are so very talented.

e

But isn't she, OMG, she makes you :drool: :drool: :drool:

Brenda, do you bake too, cause if you do, your cakes have to be out of this world!

Beautiful work! Strangely I don't like my soap or candles to look too "yummy" seeing as they are not food, but your chocolate with caramel cubes looks like a dessert I'd be paying $15 for a slice of in a fine restaurant. I love the color scheme of the orange pomegranate. The layers and chunks add up to an elegant presentation.