Supplier Rant!

Cari

Why is it if you are a moderator on a suppliers board you are prohibited from ordering from other suppliers?? I have tried to place an order with SOUTHER SOAPERS and was told that I can't order because she is have "issues" with the co. that i'm a mod for. I can't order for myself. She even told me she would bring a lawyer in if I tried to order again! WHAT THE HECK?? I'm on this ladies yahoo group too! So i can be on her group but I can't order her fragrances?? What is going on??? Does anyone else have this problem trying to order??

cari

Well apparently she's loaded and doesn't need $$ lol. I asked if I can order other stuff and was told that I wasn't allowed to order anything ever! And anyone else that has to do with the "other" lady couldn't order either. That is just a bunch of CRAP!! Thought suppliers were supposed to be nice?? Thought they were in biz to help us expand our biz and in return expand there?

Guess she missed that memo

C

you know just being a supplier that is a chance that they have to take everyday. Same as being a chandler and soaper!! How many times have you had a customer say i bought a candle/soap/lotion from somewhere and here is what's left...can you make my stuff in this fragrance?? Well yea your gonna try and find it. But to stop order cause you are afraid of your customer?? That's stupid! I mean every supplier carries dupes. All i wanted to do was try her fragrances. Aparently you can't order samples, or at least i can't.

Cari

She must really have an issue with the board that you are a mod of. Maybe she thinks that you are ordering to check her stuff out and bash it. But, if she is selling quality stuff, then she shouldn't worry about. Plus, people will bash you if they want too, whether it was true or not. I am surprised that she wouldn't let you order, especially if were not part of whatever problem she had with the board owner.

I have never heard of anything like this. Hopefully someone can shed some light on the situation. Maybe they are afraid you will have the scents duped.

There is a fight going on between the owner of Southersoapers and another supplier over who owns certain FOs and their names that were owned by another supplier person. I love Southern Soapers and find their FOs and CS to be top notch. It is a shame though when those little bitches/issues that suppliers get going between one another affect their customers or are brought out in the open. For the most part, I don't want to hear it. They need to learn to keep it between themselves, leave their customers out of it, take the high road and act more professional. I received an email from the other supplier ranting and raving about this situation. I was very turned off by it and felt it showed a lack of class and professsionalism. I have not seen anything from SS' end about this situation but it just may be that I wasn't privy to it either. Either way, I still think it is a shame.

I'm actually a member of both groups. I do not recall the other supplier ranting and raving, she did comment on it because the other supplier was brining it out into the open. I do recall ss discussing it on her yahoo group. If you go to her group now, she has deleted all those posts to cover her tracks.

I didn't see any bitches/issues anywhere with this. If you don't want to see it, don't read it.

As far as SS goes, I too have had good service. But with all this stuff going on, I stopped ordering from them. I won't order from people that think they own rights to names that other companies have used long before them.

There are plenty of other suppliers out there, without the drama.

I received an email from the other supplier ranting and raving about this situation.

So your telling us that the other supplier just up and out of the blue emailed you with her issues? strange.

and my problem came from being a mod on the other suppliers board. so what if i'm a mod? i met her on another board 5 years ago and have been friends with her since before she was a supplier. i was making candles long before i met her, she is NOT my only supplier! I use fo's from OT, BC n&S, lonestar, peaks, WW, SWorks, CC, and many others. None of these suppliers have an issue with who i'm friends with, and it shouldn't matte. Money is Money!!

C

I LOVE SS, her FO's are wonderful and I really don't care about any disagreement between her and another supplier. But, as with any business owner, she has the right to sell or not sell to anyone for any reason she deems necessary for the welfare of her company. :cool2:

Of course she can sell to whomever she chooses, but it does look a bit off when suppliers decide not to sell to someone based on being a moderator of a group (NOT the owner of the other business, mind you). As a B&B maker, I have on many occasions had competitors buy my products (sometimes using their business paypal accounts so it was pretty obvious who was buying). I guess it never occurred to me to tell them I didn't want to sell to them because they may want to copy one of my formulas. I figure if someone wants to copy my stuff bad enough, they will just ask their friend down the street to buy it under their name.

~Sue

And this was brought to this board to run down SS--why? Logically it should stop somewhere. I don't buy from either nor know either but as soon as I read this, it was obvious there was history that wasn't being divulged in the original post. What good does this do?

Are you talking about the Daystar (serendipities) and SS problems? Yep, suppliers need to keep this crap to themselves, why involve customers? As for coming here to bash Southern Soapers, well, I guess that's the price SS has to pay for being extremely unprofessional! If I remember correctly it was Stacy at DS who told the whole story on her yahoo group right? Well that was the first unprofessional thing to do....If I am wrong and she didn't bring it to her group someone please correct me!

Yep So-Soy that is the one. Someone mentioned earlier that SS did respond but only after it was discussed on the member list and it was done to set the record straight. I did not read all the stuff from either side so I had forgetten that and only remembered it once it was mentioned. I have nothing against either supplier but I won't read this type of crap and just delete them.

edited for typos

As far as my history with SS I dont' have one! I tried to place my first order today and was told i couldn't.

The posts you refer to on DS group, correct me if I'm wrong, wasn't stacy, it was the original owner of serendipities that posted it.

and with me bringing this here! is because i wanted to know if anyone else has had problems not being able to order because of who they are friends with. I don't care what is going on between the 2 companies and that shouldn't have anything to do with what i can and can't order. And then to tell me that if I try to order again that she will bring her lawyer in is absolutley CRAZY!!!!!!!

To not be able to order is a bit extreme and to threaten with the cops is as well. I think everyone is agreement with you on that but the point is, whatever issues a supplier has with another supplier should be kept between them and should not affect customers or their ability to order. Regardless of the companies involved. I understand your anger but I would not let it bother you as much as it appears it does. There are so many great suppliers out there that you can give your business to and life goes on.

If this is who I think it is, isn't she the one who thrives on causing trouble and threatens to sue people all the time?

If I'm not mistaken, she's causing quite a problem with fragrance formulas that aren't even hers, but were sold to someone else. If it's her, why order from her? Seems she has no desire to have your business and if we're talking of the same person, I have no desire to give her mine, but that's what I've read about on a yahoo group.

• 2 weeks later...

I am totally clueless about anything that is going on in this thread so I am simply commenting on the fact of not being allowed to order because you are associated with a competitor. That is complete BS period! I would report the issue to the BBB and I sure would be voicing my opinion on it everywhere. Word of mouth..can make or break you! Imagine if you went to Walmart and purchased a 2-litre Pepsi and was putting a 2-litre Coke in your cart but the Coke man was there stocking up and he stops you from doing that and lets you know if you try to put that Coke next to the Pepsi he is getting the lawyers..COME ON!

And yes you do have a right to sell to whom you wish, but that does not always stand up in court and trust me, there are people out there that will take someone to court over not being allowed to purchase from a place. Especially if the denial has no substantial basis. And being friends with a competitor is not a substantial issue.

I say complain to the right places about this issue and then move on. I would not ever order from a business that places personal issues in front of ethical business practices. Because as someone posted earlier, if you really wanted to rip her off, you can easily get someone else to order for you and that business would be none the wiser.

Angi