Is it possible to make soy tarts with 100% soy?

WOO HOO good to know :yay: Thanks every one. I know about a year ago I tried with my wax but I put it in a mold almost in a shape of a sun and sure enough the center came out but the flames didnt I tried the freezer and everything they wouldnt budge LOL so I figured you couldnt do it with pure soy since I always see people adding BW and other additives. I cant wait til this weekend :)

Another odd question.....how do you test these? Do you melt one out of EVERY batch? Any tips are appreciated :grin2:

The sun mold is a very hard one to unmold without breaking the rays. If the wax isn't too soft you can melt the tips a tiny bit with a heat gun and put it back together...and they break easily when trying to transport or ship them.

Once you test these melts, you can just do random testing every so often (especially when opening a new box of wax!) They should be very consistent if you are using the same wax and fo's that have already been tested.

WOO HOO good to know :yay: Thanks every one. I know about a year ago I tried with my wax but I put it in a mold almost in a shape of a sun and sure enough the center came out but the flames didnt I tried the freezer and everything they wouldnt budge LOL so I figured you couldnt do it with pure soy since I always see people adding BW and other additives. I cant wait til this weekend :)

Another odd question.....how do you test these? Do you melt one out of EVERY batch? Any tips are appreciated :grin2:

When making either clamshells or tarts, I always add a soy votive wax to the soy container wax. Otherwise the wax will not pop out at all and it way too soft! 3/4 container wax to 1/4 votive wax will do it! They will release from the mold or pop out of the clamshell easily and they're still 100% soy.

Fire