I am an idiot!!!

:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

You don't need too many words for me to know what happened... been there, done that, got the wax out of the dog's hair, hid the results.:tiptoe:

Then there are the booboos I tried to save even though the sudden loss of interior fluid made a caved in depression on the side...:rolleyes2

Nowadays when I remove a wickpin from a candle that is still slightly warm, I reinsert it REAL dang quick! Just in case...:tiptoe:

Ummm, since we are talking about dumb things we have done, ever reinsert a wickpin and it comes out somewhere other than its original hole? :shocked2::rolleyes2:embarasse

I don't recommend it as a doublewicking technique...:rolleyes2:embarasse

However, if you are having one of those days when you just MUST mess up EVERYTHING you do no matter how good it looks, it's a fantastic way to shoot yourself in the foot!:laugh2:

Best advice (that I remind myself of every time I pour candles) is to

KEEP ALL GRUBBY MITTS OFF THE DANGED THING UNTIL IT IS COOL!!

(of course, then I promptly ignore that so I can try out a new dumb stunt technique to increase my expertise at self-sabotage...):rolleyes2

been there - done that. And I just might do it again tonite. I poured a Chai Tea and I'm so anxious to see how my color looks - hoping for mottling but I'm dying to water bath that baby to hurry it up:laugh2:

Ummm, since we are talking about dumb things we have done, ever reinsert a wickpin and it comes out somewhere other than its original hole? :shocked2::rolleyes2:embarasse

More times that I can count!!!!!!!!! If anybody sees you do it, just say you're double wicking:p

And I thought I was the only one that was an idiot. I just did this last week and let me tell you. I also pulled the wick out. I had hot was pouring all over the place. I definitely used some colorful words when I did that:mad:

:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

You don't need too many words for me to know what happened... been there, done that, got the wax out of the dog's hair, hid the results.:tiptoe:

Then there are the booboos I tried to save even though the sudden loss of interior fluid made a caved in depression on the side...:rolleyes2

Nowadays when I remove a wickpin from a candle that is still slightly warm, I reinsert it REAL dang quick! Just in case...:tiptoe:

:laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: thanks ! I just choked on my soda!!!!!!!!! :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:

Still choking!!!!!!!!!!!

• 1 month later...

I don't think you are a true candle maker until you do something like that. It's the suppense of wanting to see your creation and not being able to wait. Have done it many times and I still do it, but not as much. But here is a topper. I was pouring a 3x6 oct pillar, palm wax, and had it balancing on a jam jar to catch the leaks. Yep, you guessed it, mold tipped over, hot wax all over kitchen floor and counter, my wife was livid, until I just scraped it up and cleaned her kitchen. Thank goodness for natural wax. Easy clean up.