IGI6006 anyone using this wax??

I am looking for a nice blended wax and since candle science is driving distance for me (no shipping chgs!!:yay: ) I was thinking about getting some of this wax to try. I have always used soy wax so this is new to me.

Any comments good or bad about this wax??

tootie

You will love this wax after using straight soy. It is a nice blend with a great scent throw. You will be surprised how easy it is to work with, and you can use almost any scent and it will throw well. Nothing like soy. Go down on your wick size too. You do not need the bigger wicks for this wax. The only thing is pour at around 170-180. This gives the best throw both cold and hot. Let me know if you need anything else. I have used it for a year or so.

You will love this wax after using straight soy. It is a nice blend with a great scent throw. You will be surprised how easy it is to work with, and you can use almost any scent and it will throw well. Nothing like soy. Go down on your wick size too. You do not need the bigger wicks for this wax. The only thing is pour at around 170-180. This gives the best throw both cold and hot. Let me know if you need anything else. I have used it for a year or so.

I second that! 6006 is great! I used this wax when I lived w/in driving distance of Genwax, I relocated to Portland OR and had to switch suppliers and wax, just too expensive!!

Would It be better to use zinc wicks or the Eco wicks.

Geez, you mean I can pour hot?? That is a switch.

I am also going to use the GB464 I liked that wax when I tested it way back when....

Thanks for the replies!!:grin2:

tootie

I'm testing this wax right now. Had always used J223. So far having a hard time wicking it compared to j223. Not having a great throw either but I may be adding FO too low (162), lots of stirring, pouring at about 145. I do like how it seems to last longer than the J223 in burn time and the slight throw I am getting seems smoother and truer than J223. I just ordered a sample of RRD wicks as they say they are supposed to perform well in this type of wax. I'm going to keep trying!