Peaks cotton core wicks?

I know that Wicks Unlimited sell wicks with a color coded string in them. (Different color for each size so you could easily tell what sized wick was used) They claimed that they didn't sell them anywhere (and you had to order only from them in batches of 10,000, lol).

Anyone know if these are the same wicks?

• 1 year later...

Opening up this old thread-I have recently gotten Wicks Unlimited cotton core wicks. Visually they look just like Peak's cotton core wicks, but my burn tests gave me very different results. I needed a much larger WU wick to get the same burn. Anyone else test these WU cottons?

Are the wicks pre-treated? They could still be the same wicks but treated with different melt point waxes.

Hi Candybee, yes, they are pre-treated with wax. Side by side the diameter is the same, and the thread color down the middle is the same. But when I use the chart from Wicks Unlimited, I have to go up to a wick that looks like Peak's C-50 to get the same burn as Peak's C-30. I thought that was odd, so I threw it up here for feedback. Thanks for your reply. Coconut