Remelting in Presto Pot

I my hubby finished my presto about a 2 weeks ago, and I usually don't melt much wax at one time but now I was wondering if I could just fill the presto pot full and just keep remelting and how many times I could remelt it?I use just plain parrifin 1343 from peak, no additive or fo in presto pot.

So do I!!!!!!!! I hate cleaning out pots !!!!:laugh2: I love my prestos! I just knock out the plug in from the pot instead of turning the dial off! that way I don't have to guess the temp on it either! It stays where I left it :laugh2:

If and when I get some more cash I am gonna buy the turtle palm wax and buy another presto!!!!:D I love that pattern!

That's a pretty normal thing to do. Just be gentle if you use it up slowly. Keep a thermometer in there and don't get it hotter than necessary or keep it hot for extended periods if you aren't using it. Also avoid putting the heat up way high to get it melted quickly. The hotter it gets the faster it oxidizes, which can make it discolor it or smell funny. Plain wax should hold up pretty well. Be more careful if you add stearic in the Presto. Fatty acids and vegetable waxes oxidize faster.

The only problem I have when remelting is that there is more chance of getting contaminents like dist, pet hair, etc. in the wax. My Presto sheds little flecks of teflon from the top edge of the pot, so keep a tea strainer handy in case you see "floaters" in the wax that don't belong there!:grin2:

high temp silicone also works to seal it if it leaks around the pour spout. I find myself ladeling the wax out even on the one with the pour spout! Old habits die hard. Really can't say how many I have because it might be held against me in a court of law. Let's just say there are never more than 2 on the counter at a time! I always keep my wax in them. I fill em up, melt em down and use what i need. I always refill and melt before I let it set up, with C3 it behaves better when remelted (at least for me it does.)