Sooo... disappointed with my Vanilla Sugar

I just got some Vanilla Sugar FO and was so excited when I smelled it out of the bottle. I made 4- 8oz candles (100% soy) and I cant smell a thing. :mad: It is so faint. I swear the oil is watered down. I have never had this problem with any FO before. Is Warm Vanilla not compatable with soy? Anyone know? :confused:

Thanks.

How long did you let it cure? Sometimes you have to let certain FO's cure for a week or two...and sometimes even longer..

I made a candle with pink sugar, tested in about 7 days..it did not have very much throw..I just thought it was another one that wouldn't work in soy..about 1 month later I came across it again, lighted it, and it had came to life..and I just love it....HTH

Don't worry I won't tell.:lipsrseal

I just poured them last night. I was'nt referring to hot throw. Just cold right now. Although my test candle doesn't throw hot at all either. But it has only been one day. Does curing help cold throw. I was wondering because I can't smell it at all in the container.

Thanks everyone for the info!:)

I have found Warm Vanilla Sugar is a very soft scent in wax. I really love it, but it really is very soft. It smells a little stronger hot than cold. I haven't poured it in soy yet however. I poured it using J223 quite a while back.

I use Warm Vanilla Sugar premium, from RA in my soy. It is so strong! I tested it at 1.5pp and it was so strong, not in a good way tho, eye watering strong. I cut back to only .5pp and added a little vanilla to try and cut the sugar smell. It helped but it's still super strong. When I have that scent on my warmer, the scent soaks into my clothes, hair, skin, sofa, drapes etc. I'll leave my house and I can still smell WVS on my kids hair and clothes!

I have used WVS from several companies and think they all smell a little different but all have that musky smell I just hate just like B&BW. I think all the places I have tried are strong. Have the Candlemakers store now and it's good. Have used WSP. B&L, NG, RA and they all throw good.

Jodi you need to put that candle away for a week and let it cure. I use two different soy waxes and each have different cure times.

I have soy candles that are ready in as little as 3 days all the way up to one month. Most are ready in a few days to a week. But some waxes and some FOs need more time to cure. Also, some have a cold throw right away and some don't until they cure.

I took a candle out last night to test burn. Thought it was gonna be a dud cause it took soooo long to cure. This particular one took a month to cure. Lit that up and it filled the room with fragrance. Worked better than some that cure in less than half the time.

Just a suggestion on vanilla scents, if you warm the FO in some HOT water for about 10 minutes before you pour it, it warms the vanilla up and helps bind with the wax better.

I had problems with vanilla's in the past and someone suggested that to me. It works like a charm. Vanilla is just a PITA at times.