Clear labels on containers?

I'm thinking of getting some clear labels for my containers and jars. I prefer it to look just like the text is directly on the container rather than the outline of a label.

Does anyone use these and could anyone show me theirs so I can get an idea of what it looks like?

thanks

btw, priced some up in the US, to be sent over is $11 and 45cents a sheet, is that a good price? Failing that, I can try and source them in the UK

I'm not quite understanding what you are wanting as far as presentation. I use clear labels on my jars and really like them. Only thing is alot of colors don't come through very well on the clear ones so I use black. As for the price at .45 per sheet that's a good deal. They start out at around .90 per sheet. HTH

ETA: I made an oopsie.

We use the clear labels on the tops of our flat lid candles to show what the scent is. I also like them on our small soy candle jars - but we do not color our soy wax, so there is no problem reading them. I don't think they would be easy enough to read if we put them on our paraffin candles that are a deep color, ie maroon, purple, etc.

I also use clear labels with black ink. I'm lucky I guess because the standard clear 2" x 4" address label fits on both my glass containers, and I use the little 1/2" x 1 3/4" on my tins. I usually buy them from a stationery store and pay about .75 a sheet, no shipping involved, I either pick-up or if I order over $25.00 they deliver free.

They would mainly be for things like apothacery jars, (although only got 12 at the moment lol) and also for glass bowls and glass flowerpots.

I'm thinking at the moment I probably only need about 50 labels, but would need to order quite a few to make it worthwhile the postage from US.

I only use soy in containers and its usually always going to be coloured, but I like the thought of seeing the soy colour through the label. Hard to explain what I mean lol.

I don't think it looks particularly great having a normal label slapped on a glass jar

We have our jar labels printed for us on white. I would LOVE to show a picture of them - I just have not mastered taking them, then figuring out how to get them on this site!! lol Right now, we only use the clear on the top of the flat lid.

When we started making soy candles in the smaller jars, we didn't have a label for them so I printed them on clear labels and put the scent on the front and the warning label on the bottom. I really do like the clear labels - I think it looks so clean and sophisticated - but I also want both jars to have our logo label on them, so we will probably stay with the white for now.

I use the clear label with black print and love it, only trouble right now though is I just finished making my palm in a very dark purple and the black print is not going to show up on them. Guess I will have to do a hang tag because I do not want white on the jars, think it will take away from the candle. I used to use the white waterproof vinyl labels and liked them though until I tried the clear. I order mine from labelsonline.com and also labelsbythesheet.com. Either one is good.

Buy plenty more labels than you think you will ever need, as you waste so many testing, making mistakes etc. Max out the postage and get as many as you can for that price. If you are buying by the sheet, you could also get a selection of colours, sizes and shapes, to see what works best for your jars. I use different lavels for different things and still working on something that I'm completely happy with.

This was when I was playing with frosted labels, but I have since changed to round labels on the lids with these jars:

Ramaroa830.jpg

They are a bit more see-through in the flesh, than they appear in the photo.

For all of you that use clear labels, will they print on an Ink Jet printer, or do you have to have a Laser printer??? Please share your sources of clear labels. Thanks Much!

They will print on either or...but on an ink jet you should let them dry for at least 5 minutes before trying to put them on the jars cuz they may smudge. I use ink jet labels on my laser (which you're not supposed to cuz the laser gets hotter, but I've never had a problem in 4 years??) and I know it is perfectly fine to use laser labels on an ink jet printer.

I use an ink jet printer - Epson. That is the only printer I have ever used. I buy the labels for ink jet printer. In the beginning I tried using the gold foil labels and got the gold foil for laser, because then I didn't know any better, and when printed on my ink jet printer the print would rub off. Don't know if that would happen with clear labels for laser on ink jet printer or not. hth

I use a clear acrylic sealer for my clear labels...after printing...this keeps the ink from smudging...I have an inkjet printer...without the sealer the labels will smudge even after drying for a period of time...depending on handling.

For all of you that use clear labels, will they print on an Ink Jet printer, or do you have to have a Laser printer??? Please share your sources of clear labels. Thanks Much!

Avery 8663 is an inkjet clear label that works great.

http://www.avery.com/us/Main?action=product.Details&catalogcode=WEB01&productcode=8663

You can get them at Office Depot for $21.99

Avery 8663 is an inkjet clear label that works great.

http://www.avery.com/us/Main?action=product.Details&catalogcode=WEB01&productcode=8663

You can get them at Office Depot for $21.99

I use those also and they work great! There's no shipping, and the color shows well on candles that are not colored too dark. I use this size (2x4) on my J-jars 8oz.