Watch what you put on your candles people!

Here is a perfect reason as to why I don't put any little do-dads on my wicks, around the candles, ribbons on the jars, nothing. No matter how cute you may think it is, some people in general are just too stupid. Doesn't matter how much or how large of a warning label you put on something, someone somewhere is going to light something they're not supposed to.

NEVER put anything flammable in, on, or near your candles.

Now, even though there were no instructions included with this particular candle, there are people that won't read them anyways, and would light this as is.

http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml07/07240.html

...sigh...

Common Sense, where ARE you? :confused:

That would be my FIL, he's a retired surgeon but the man is just plain stupid! Ice doesn't expand when it freezes he says and then wonders why his pipes burst over the winter in his Big Bear cabin. Told him to keep the thermostat at 50. LOL! You got to love people who lack common sense. What else would we laugh about? Good thing no one was hurt.

Thought about it for a little while ... if they're being imported what's to say they aren't using things like lead in their wicks? Or funkey fillers in the wax?

No safety regs on the export country - and the USA is too busy to check on what's coming in until there's a complaint. Hope they take a big chunk - right out of his profit margin! :P

Good warning and reminder for us, too. I can't afford to lose a big chunk!

Why is it some people do not understand the concept that a lot of people don't have any common sense?

*chuckle* They are probably eternal optimists...:laugh2:

I wouldn't mind so much if those who lack common sense didn't have an extra helping of NERVE and entitlement, which enables them to find the phone numbers of personal injury attorneys without assistance...:rolleyes2:shocked2:

Wow! I am honestly ashamed to say there are human beings in this world so damn stupid they would light a candle with a wick like that! Sounds more like they would light it on purpose so they COULD try and sue! Stupid is as stupid does!

Hell, I have seen candles that sell for like $10 in a retail chain that have a wick thats a good 1.5 inches long that has been beaded. I bought some price tags for my items and thought about kinda looping it aroundt he wick but Im sure some ignorant person would light it, even with the instructions to remove it.