Suppliers of containers/jars

Hi! I am new here & new to candle making. I am looking for some suppliers of containers & jars for candles. I have found some, but I am a compulsive researcher so I thought I'd see if anyone here has a favorite supplier for me to check out.

Thanks! :grin2:

Jennifer

It will determine what kind of containers you're looking for and more than likely the cost of shipping. I can get my containers at two local suppliers so I do not have shipping. I would look local first and see if you can find what you like before finding one that would have to ship to you.

Thanks. I found the link to the list of suppliers by state. Unfortunately the closest one to me is still over 2.5 hours away. With gas prices the way they are, shipping is almost as cheap in most cases.

I appreciate your help.

Jennifer

The suppliers by state gives you a good reference point to start with even if you don't drive to them. The shipping charges for your zone will be a lot cheaper than if you get them from a supplier in, let's say, New York. So it's still a handy guide.

And if you buy from an adjoining state you won't have to pay sales tax. A supplier in your state may charge tax if you don't have a TN Tax #.

HTH

• 3 weeks later...
We use Fairway Glass. They are great to work with, and have quality products.

BUT, I am in California, and they are back east, so the shipping cost is almost the price of the glass.

You can choose which warehouse you want your glass shipped from at Fairway. They have a few, Las Vegas and Dallas shouldn't be too far from you.

Thanks. I found the link to the list of suppliers by state. Unfortunately the closest one to me is still over 2.5 hours away. With gas prices the way they are, shipping is almost as cheap in most cases.

I appreciate your help.

Jennifer

JMO...I used to think the same way about driving vs shipping because for me it actually costs me more to drive 1 hour away (oh, 1 hr here in LA is more like 3!) than it would to ship 50# of wax! However...when it comes to glass I ALWAYS try to pick up now if the local place carries it. I can open every case before I leave and inspect each container for chips, or bad mfg. I learned to just buy 5-8 cases of glass at a time so it warrants driving. It has saved me bunches in returns of bad or broken glass. Anything else, I have it shipped unless I need tons of stuff!

HTH

Other than jelly & mason jars. What kinds of places/stores would have cases of jars for sale? I know the obvious would be the glass suppliers like fairway or the candle suppliers, but who else? I would love to pick up some glass even semi-locally but am just not sure where to look. Right now I get some jars out of Texas which isn't too bad being in Oklahoma. But if I could find a 2nd jar type locally that would be such a relief.