&^%%$#* Sand!

How in the world did sand get in your wax?????? When in doubt....I use silk chiffon. I know that most people don't have that just lying around....but I used it to make Victorian Lampshades and found that it works for everything...including making tofu. Donita

Maybe if you have an ebroidery hoop you could try a few sheets of a good paper towell in it. Put them in the hoop slightly loose so that it will drain properly down a slope. Place one paper towell in one direction and turn the second paper towell in anothr direction just to help off set any escapees.

So now I have to ask... as to how it got there... was somebody wanting a lil sumpim' sumpin' while you was in the work shop and you just happened to be at the vat at the time? :naughty:

I know, i'm terrible. I'll shut up and go away now, lol. :tiptoe:

I use a paper towel, clothes pin it onto a pouring pitcher. heat your wax and pour it onto the paper towel. Make sure the towel has a dip in it to hold wax, Just keep adding wax as it sifts through. And it helps if it's a bounty or better paper towel. HTH

That's what I do. I store my wax in the garage and even though I try to be careful about closing up the boxes and stuff, occasionally dirt particles do get in there. It all sinks to the bottom of the Presto, though, so as long as I dip wax off the top, I don't get any in my candles. I guess if your pot had a spout it might be different, though. I'm not sure how close to the bottom the spout is located.

Yeah, spout is at bottom, and lots of pressure...

FYI, save your money and don't try coffee filters. The wax doesn't flow quickly enough.

Right now I'm on two layers of pantyhose and one layer of old t-shirt material...

I have yet to pull any of the molds... I'll update when done.

What a drag. Been a long time since crap like this happen.