Wholesale and Retail question

NancyJo

I made a call on a store for a possible wholesale account and she noticed I had my website on my labels.

Her big concern was my pricing vs. her pricing. She did not want people purchasing from her, going to my website and purchasing from me if my prices were cheaper.

I was just wondering if any one else had run across this problem and how to handle it with future accounts.

It depends on what type of agreement you have with her.

I would omit the website addy if she is that concerned. If she is in one of those trendy stores in Buffalo, she can get higher prices for candles, and she knows it. This is a good thing for you and her business. I personally don't have a website address on any of my wholesale products for this reason. Logistically, it would be virtually impossible for every account to sell at the prices I sell on the website. That is, if I ever get working on it... LMAO!

I would also leave off the website. My daughter has a spa, and her prices are higher then mine. She tells me that people do expect to pay a lot in a spa, and if the prices were too low, then they would not think that it is quality.

Shannon

Sleeping Waters

I don't personally put my web site on my main label but I do put it on the warning label on all of my candles. Think about this is they are taking the time to find me from my bottom label then it not that hard to find me by searching for my company name on the web.

But I agree with Mystical offer her you candles with out your web site. But remember if you don't have your company name listed in a phone book you have to list somewhere on the candle contact information even if it is just a phone number.

I have mine on my labels and if i'm asked (which is not often) most people do not order online if they can purchase the candles locally, they don't want to pay the shipping charges. Also I keep my prices online the same as most of the retailers. Some do have higher prices but its never been a problem once you factor in shipping. Wholesale is primarily all I do also.

Hi,

I put my website on all my candles, retail or wholesale, because by law the consumer must have a means of contacting the manufacturer wether it be company name and location, telephone or website.

Except for the private label I only put company name and city/state.

As far as pricing goes, my wholesale accts. will ask me what I retail mine at and of course it's lower because they will most always double what they paid plus they have to tack on shipping, if I'm not running a FREE SHIPPING special.

I have only had 4 customers purchase from me because the store they originally purchased their candle was out.

HTH

I do not put my website on my candles that I sell wholesale. I personally wouldn't want them on there as a retailer, you would want customers coming to you directly not going to the manufacturer. however, there has been a few customers from one of my wholesale accounts that got smart and looked me up on the internet and have now been ordering directly from me instead. JMO

My pricing fluxuates between stores as well as my website. For example, I have 2 up north stores in tourist country, that wholesale from me. They do an awesome job selling my candles, for $2.00 - $2.25 more than I retail on my website, or at craft shows. I think stores will charge whatever they think their market will tolerate. I have no problem with stores charging different prices than I do....

Even chain store prices such as Walmart, fluxuate in pricing between different cities. I have several friends who shop our local store, versus the one in their larger city, because our prices are cheaper. Stores up in Duluth, tourist country, charge more than my little store does locally.

I also sell my fundraising products are a higher price than my website. By time the customer would pay for the shipping cost, the item would cost more than the fundraiser brochure.