Votive pin question

Hiya, good question. I use a pre-tabbed wick. Now the 'getting it to stay in part' I'm not much good at. I know a lot of people just put their sticker over it, but others say you should remove the sticker before burning so it would fall out.

What I'm doing at the moment, is heating up a bottle opener and melting the bottom a little, putting the wick in quick and squeezing ;)

not brill, but they seem to stay.

Hopefully someone will come on with a proper way :) btw I haven't a heat gun as yet

We use LX wicks from Bittercreek...the neck is higher, so it "stays put" when you put it in and doesn't come out when you pull the warning label off...WONDERFUL!

Before we started using these, we used a lighter and heated the bottom (some people just put it over a candle flame), then we pushed it into the candle using a pencil eraser.

HTH.

Jane

I tried the lighter way a few times' date=' and ended up with a burnt thumb and kept burning through the wicks![/quote']

LOL - yup, that happened to me a few times too!! My business partner had just the right "touch". I, on the other hand, ended up like you...burnt thumb and a ruined wick. :rolleyes2

I've seen some strange looking wick tabs especially for votives, they are a hexagon shape (i think) and they have spikes on the corners to grip into the wax. Now where did I see them???

Anjie,x.

a lady had them on ebay just dont ask me name of seller at min i dont know who what why or when

I've seen some strange looking wick tabs especially for votives, they are a hexagon shape (i think) and they have spikes on the corners to grip into the wax. Now where did I see them???

Anjie,x.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Square-wick-sustainers-100-Low-start-Low-p-p_W0QQitemZ320138286199QQihZ011QQcategoryZ3089QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

You can get those at Michael's too. That's what I started playing with. You put the wick in and then have to pinch 4 tabs down around the wick and pray you get them all down just right for it to be centered and stand up straight! :D