** What's in your pot this week/end? **

I think this has the makings of a perfect weekend. Did you ever just have things go right?

Last night I cut batches of sandalwood vanilla, black raspberry, spicy orange/clove, and lavender/sage. What a mix.

Finished up my wedding favor order, now just have to print up the hang tags.

Best thing was this morning I was finally able to identify St John's Wort - we've got a ton of it! It's growing along our driveway, the road (unsprayed too!), our neighbors driveway.... I see some infused oils in my future this weekend.

A bunch of balloons were landing at the airport when I drove in to work this morning - a pretty site.

I've got 3 new products for market tomorrow.

And I'll be doing new batches of lavender, rose, and ginger & silk I think.

So maybe I'll be a match for the 100F temp at market :)

What's on your plate this weekend?

Best thing was this morning I was finally able to identify St John's Wort - we've got a ton of it! It's growing along our driveway, the road (unsprayed too!), our neighbors driveway.... I see some infused oils in my future this weekend.

Eew, to us farmers that wort is just another lousy weed! :eek: I was once told to become an herbalist so that I could learn to embrace all those weeds out in the strawberry field. Hasn't happened yet although you'd think so by all the crap growing in my flower beds.

This weekend is for pouring two fragrances, finishing up the testing on a few others, and transfering notes from a million pieces of loose paper to the computer. Only supposed to be in the 80's up here in the valley, Robin. Come on up for a visit if you need to cool off. I've got shade, lemonade and some weeds...err, I mean herbs in the garden you can pick;)

:( Have to work this weekend so I won't have anything in my pot. But have had Lemon Lavender going all week, seems to be the scent of the week. I can't imagine what its like for you guys in those hot temps working with soy, have noticed that the past couple of weeks how different it is to work with, thats our fine Scottish weather for you though

I won't have anything in my pot either. Our house has been up for sale so I haven't been able to make anything since about May which is killing me but it's messy and I have to have my house spic and span at every moment so I had to stop and pack it all away...my garage is half full of candle supplies. We're moving into our new house next month, where I'll have my own room dedicated to candle making so I can jump back in...I can't wait:yay:

As much as I've tried to avoid it, Honeysuckle and Lilac lol. Seems we had an anxious buyer who dang near wiped us out. Here I thought we were stocked enough ... sigh.

Aside from that ... hmm there's more Amish Harvest to pour and then I think I'll just start grabbing bottles and get on with it. I will never get to them if I try to put them in any particular order.

I must soap this weekend and as amber sits below my nose, I must have this in bars. Holy cow ... what a stimulator this fragrance is. Still working on finding that right wick for it. I may have to kiss all 7 3x3s goodbye to tests lol.

I think I will aim for getting black vanilla in some wax too.

I won't have anything in my pot either. Our house has been up for sale so I haven't been able to make anything since about May which is killing me but it's messy and I have to have my house spic and span at every moment so I had to stop and pack it all away...my garage is half full of candle supplies. We're moving into our new house next month, where I'll have my own room dedicated to candle making so I can jump back in...I can't wait:yay:

I know EXACTLY what you mean! I am in the same boat and am moving next month too - but I still grab the chance to pour when i can :wink2:

This weekend I am going to try and follow the instructions that Scented PM'd me on how to make one of her wonderful 'grassy' looking candles :P , wish me luck I think i'll need it :rolleyes2

Anjie,x.

me too, we're having viewing on our house, although very slowly!! so lots of things have to be out of sight!

May try some balloons orbs this weekend, now I have some 5055 wax

THANKS NAT XXXXXX my star supplier came up trumps again for me :D

may also have a go with some air freshners.

btw, whats a grass candle? sounds intriguing

I've been selling candles at a local festival since 7:30am on the 4th! It's a five day and nigh fest that begings early and end late at night for five days.

Just got in and sales were brisk for my candles!:yay: tonight! Very good show but it was slow starting! I have tomorrow and sunday to get through before we tear down late Sunday night!!

Monday It's go pay bills and buy tons more suppplies because I have a long festival next month followed the week after by a large show!:shocked2: :shocked2: :P :lipsrseal

I GOTTA GET A TURKEY FRYER!!!!! ASA MELTER!

Farmer Jill,

What else is growing in them there fields. Where I live helicopters fly over a few times a year and usually find what they are looking for. Never find the people who planted it though. Happens alot on farmland around here. Lots of weed????

We did have a man not far from us with(weed) growing everywhere in town. In his basement,inside the living area, garage, even in flower beds. UNREAL. I think they were doing better than my flowers(drought) the way it sounded. HUGE.Must have been doing alot of watering and maybe using some Miracle Gro. :wink2:

For what I am doing this weekend. Making candles Sunday and not sure about Sat (today). Husband has been sick. Vomiting and says he does not want to be bothered. He has heart trouble so I might be at the hospital even before dawn. It did come on sudden.

Also Plan on doing some searching for embed candles(scenery) using soy wax and the glass embeds on bottom. So far coming up with nothing but gel.

I am off to bed. Husband got up 6 times tonight and I am tired.

LynnS

Farmer Jill,

What else is growing in them there fields. Where I live helicopters fly over a few times a year and usually find what they are looking for. Never find the people who planted it though. Happens alot on farmland around here. Lots of weed????

We did have a man not far from us with(weed) growing everywhere in town. In his basement,inside the living area, garage, even in flower beds. UNREAL. I think they were doing better than my flowers(drought) the way it sounded. HUGE.Must have been doing alot of watering and maybe using some Miracle Gro. :wink2:

LynnS

Uh oh, Lynn, I guess I'll have to quit bragging about the weed crop or the durn helicopters will be visiting for sure. Thanks for the laugh. Now I gotta go water that funny-looking "fern" in my garden and order me some patchouli. :grin2: :grin2:

Hope hubby's feeling better.

For candles, it will be Oakmoss & Clary Sage, Desert Sage, Tropical Papaya and Faerie Morning Glory.

I just finished a batch of Rosemary Mint Sea Salt bars. Next I will soap OT's Chai Tea. I've been in a huge soaping and experiment mood so I am thinking of what I can play with to make more soap. It will definitely have DSM in it since I just got some in to play with.

I'm revisiting Votives with wick pins after not having had much success with them in the past, I abandoned any further attempts at making them after I washed the last lot of molds and made them rusty. :rolleyes2

Got myself a shiny new lot of molds, some new wax to try and a big heap of renewed enthusiasm. I did one batch Friday night which don't look too bad, but todays efforts at Orange and Ginger look like they are destined to go back in the pot.

Only after the weekend do I know what was in my pot!! I was restocking and doing the initial stocking of a few new scents.

Initially stocked Sweet Potato Pecan Pie, Russian Tea, and This Old House.

Restocked Cucumber Melon and Birthday Cake.

Poured samples of Caramel Taffy Apple, Old Fashioned Christmas, and Blackberry Jam.

And a few new ones I tried blending: Pomegranate Mango, Citrus Vanilla, Blackberry & Ivy.

It was a fun pouring day!