How did Candletech come about?

Peaks started it. I was surprised to find out that a lot of people don't know that Peaks hosts this board... Thanks Alan and Nachelle!

It surprises me also that people don't realize that Alan of Peak Candle Supply was the original creator and is the host of this board. He and Nachelle are the most generous people you will ever meet. Alan's knowledges about candle is just amazing if you will look in the archives you will see that. I miss see him post but I do realize that time is now a problem for him with a family and running a business.

Yeah, I remember when I first joined Candletech back in 2003. That was before the new board came into existence, Alan and Nachelle had the time to post, and there were lots of familiar names. There are so many new people that have joined now, that I don't know most of them. It's nice reading about the excitement of the new chandlers and their thirst for knowledge regarding the craft. I remember being totally obsessed for the first two or three years. I'd stay up late at night testing, think about it at night when I went to bed, then rise very early the next morning to start all over again...it was crazy. I'm sure many of the newbies are going through that phase right now. I have since slowed down, but still enjoy working with wax. After a six month break from making anything, I recently made two sets of pillars and a whole slew of tarts. My pillars didn't turn out quite the way I had envisioned them, but I'm sure that's because I haven't made anything in so long....but I'm sure I'll be at it again in no time. Anyway, this is still an enjoyable place to be and we wouldn't have it if it wasn't for the generosity of Alan and Nachelle, the moderators and other contributors to the board...so thanks to all of you!

Yeah, I remember when I first joined Candletech back in 2003. That was before the new board came into existence, Alan and Nachelle had the time to post, and there were lots of familiar names. There are so many new people that have joined now, that I don't know most of them. It's nice reading about the excitement of the new chandlers and their thirst for knowledge regarding the craft. I remember being totally obsessed for the first two or three years. I'd stay up late at night testing, think about it at night when I went to bed, then rise very early the next morning to start all over again...it was crazy. I'm sure many of the newbies are going through that phase right now.

I remember the old board too! It was a GREAT help to me, and continues to be.

Fern! I remember those days of staying up late; thinking only of candles and how to perfect them. As a matter of fact, I still do it after 6 years...it is called total ADDICTION!

It surprises me also that people don't realize that Alan of Peak Candle Supply was the original creator and is the host of this board.
Could this information be put in the FAQ section or somewhere similar? You know, so everyone would know this board didn't come for free, but through the generosity of Alan and Nachelle.

well, one things for sure, it makes perfect sense.

When talking to Alan and Nachelle on the live customer chat thingy-majig, they just can't do enough for you, even when in the UK. They are lovely people, so them starting a lovely board makes sense to me.

Yes, I think it should be known that they and their hard work, created candletech.

Oh and FYI, I'm still at that stage. My minds racing constantly with what I can make, what I can try next, how does this that and the other work. I go to sleep thinking about it and wake up thinking about it.

I must admit sometimes I get frustrated when real life gets in the way lolol

Fern and others,

I'm a newbie, and this week I have already felt the first bite of addiction. I stayed up last night making a list of everything I want to try, things I need to buy, etc. In fact, I haven't posted much because I've been busy catering to my new addiction. But hey--it's better than lots of other vices!

This board and all of you are treasures!

Alan and Nachelle are awesome! When I went to pick up my last huge batch of supplies, a woman walked in wanting to make soap. That's about all she knew. I listened to Nachelle and Alan explain just about everything and help her with the right supplies (instead of pushing the costly ones). I also listened in, because it'd be silly not to! :D That much experience speaking, it may not have been right to eavesdrop, but it was at the counter so.... ;)

They are just the sweetest people too. Have always been extremely generous, concise and helpful!

Yes, thank you Alan and Nachelle! This board is a wonderful resource, and I've met so many wonderful people on here. And after two years...I still stay up late playing with wax and wake up early thinking about formulas and wicks and jars :)