Flower Cane

They all look great. The flowers are nicely arranged. Looks like you have been very busy. Wick...when you use the micro for glue....it doesn't have to stay wet. Just brush a little bit of melted micro on and then when you use the hot knife it melts it right into the wax. I don't have any problems but then again I am not standing over your shoulder watching you. Maybe you are trying to use it more like glue rather than wax. Just my thought. Donita

mmmmm, okay okay I hold my hands up, yep I'm lathering them in microwax soft. I'm using it as a glue not a wax :embarasse

So are you saying less is more ;) Silvermoon, did you use a brush to put on the sticky wax to the flowers? I found it difficult holding the flower in midair, then the brush and not having the flower laying on something. The glue didnt' want to leave the brush for the flower lol

I did try lying the flower down but then it was glued fast to whatever I layed it on hehe.

You've inspired me to have another go this weekend ;)

Wick.....I use just a little. I put the flower down on a piece of wax paper and then brush on a little in the middle and on each petal....then pick it up carefully and place it on the candle. There should be enough "stick" to hold it in place while you keep on adding flowers and leaves. But I find it better to use the hot knife and put on the flower and then keep adding. You have to know where you are going with your design before hand because one you have it adhered you can't remove it without doing damage. Luckily I used to be a florist and doing flower design isn't hard for me. Lay your flower pattern out first on some paper and then pick up each piece and put it in place on the wax. After you do a bunch it will get easier. If you are really having trouble with this then use a tiny tiny bit of white glue instead. Let it dry completely or you will seal in moisture. Then brush your wax over and use the hot knife and then overdip. See if that works better for you. Donita