Mosquito repellant soap??

Angel91805

I'm needing help on this one.....

I've got a customer that camps and spends time outdoors....he's asking for a mosquito repellant soap that he can use while camping to deter the skeeters. Can someone point me to an FO or EO? Or does he just need a bug zapper? ROFL.

Thanks!

Donna

Thanks everyone!!! I, jokingly, told him I'd make him some Dirt scented soap (from MMS)...that way he wouldn't smell like a tasty human to those skeeters. LOL. I'm going to order some lemon eucalyptus and some clove and the OT oil and give them a go.

Donna

Make him a lotion bar and a couple of candles out of the Oregon Trails Bug Off, it works much better than in a soap. A Garden Eastward has an EO blend called Bug Buster that works great also.

That's actually a great idea....body spray, lotion (or lotion bar) and a soap. I think my friend would like that.

Tho my mind went to another place....."Ladies, sick of the men in your life? Give him this handy BUGG OFF bath kit. Guaranteed to rid you of all the pesky critters in your life!". :laugh2: I admit it. I am sick. I need professional help.

Donna

Sara they really do work great!! I'm allergic to the little black flys we get in the spring and fall and am a mosquito magnet, so I had to find something so I could enjoy the outdoors. I've been using A Garden Eastward's Bug Buster for years now and add a drop or 2 of catnip EO and never get a bite anymore. I've tried it in soap, spray and a lotion bar. Using the soap and spray together I found I had to keep reapplying the spray every couple hours. Using just the lotion bar, I can go all day and into the evening, only reapplying once toward dark. OT's Bug Off already has the catnip EO in it and a different blend than AGE's, but it's also very effective!! :cool2:

i would like to thank dirtybirdsoaps for mentioning ot's bug off eo blend.

in 40yrs of owning horses i have never found anything that would keep the flies/mosquitoes off of them. well i ordered a lb of ot's bug off blend & mixed 100 drops in an 8oz. of mc's spray base & sprayed my horses with it omg it has kept the flies/bugs off of them all day. btw there poor faces were just covered with flies, now there aren't, i'm just amazed after all these years something out there really does work. thank you.