2oz Mixing Cups

I recently purchased a small amount of these mixing cups and wondered if I could pour scented wax into them. I want to use them as "sniffies", so that customers can get an idea of what a particular scent smells like. Forgot to check the number on the bottom before purchasing and these have a "6" printed inside the triangle on the bottom of the cup - are these cups then ok to use for the above application. Thanks very much.

post-3166-139458429654_thumb.jpg

As long as they are not colored I think you will be fine.. I have some black ones at work I brought home, I put some FO and wax in there and the black came off..( either the fo ate it or something), will you be wicking these? If they are the same I have at work, we put up to 200 degree proucts in them and the don't melt, not sure about a flame though..

As long as they are not colored I think you will be fine.. I have some black ones at work I brought home, I put some FO and wax in there and the black came off..( either the fo ate it or something), will you be wicking these? If they are the same I have at work, we put up to 200 degree proucts in them and the don't melt, not sure about a flame though..

Hi, thanks for the reply, but no definately not wicking these - I would not like to burn wax in a plastic container like this. I just want to put a bit of extra wax in them when pouring my candles and I thought it would be easier to take off a lid to sniff the fragrance rather than opening a bag and taking out a melt etc.

I've heard that anything with a 5 or more is ok. So I would think your cups with a 6 should be ok specifcally from a "fragrance oil absorbtion" perspective.

Well I will give it a go, I will soon find out if it works or not. Thanks.:smiley2:

I bought those from Sam's for sniffies. After a while some of the cups began to crack. I use soy wax with no dye. I am now using a 2oz metro jar with lid and no wick for my sniffies from The Jar Store. I wish the plastic cups worked but they didn't for me :cry2: .

HTH, Shine