Sandalwood mottled layer

Donita

This was done in an acrylic mold. Covered with a towel.....didn't mottle the way I wanted but it is definately a sellable candle. I am trying something else today, but don't like the acrylic.....some of them stuck a little....gives them a more rustic look.....I poured at 180, it is 145EP with 1 oz FO, 3T steric and 1/2 tsp clear crystals. Back to the test kitchen...LOL....Donita

post-248-139458381993_thumb.jpg

Thanks!!!!

I have never used a wick pin....don't know how...LOL....but I really like SB wick. I know that others like the flat, but I have tried every single one and so far, for most of my applications, the SB wick works for me. The mottles now have clear crystals added, so I am wicking with a #2 SB. For palm I use a different wick......but the prettiest palm wax candle I did was the first one. It was a gold, scented with Strawberry Jam, yes I know it doesn't match.....did it in an octagon mold with #2 wick and it melted down the center leaving a web of fragile lacey wax on the sides.......never could get it to do it again....anyone else know what I am talking about? Donita

Thanks!!!!

I have never used a wick pin....don't know how...LOL....but I really like SB wick. I know that others like the flat, but I have tried every single one and so far, for most of my applications, the SB wick works for me. The mottles now have clear crystals added, so I am wicking with a #2 SB. For palm I use a different wick......but the prettiest palm wax candle I did was the first one. It was a gold, scented with Strawberry Jam, yes I know it doesn't match.....did it in an octagon mold with #2 wick and it melted down the center leaving a web of fragile lacey wax on the sides.......never could get it to do it again....anyone else know what I am talking about? Donita

Yes, one of mine did that but the bottom blew lol. I thought it was sooo cool!!! My DH liked it too :D

I only did it in the acrylic mold so I could see what was happening....I have several dozen of them.....then I rememberd that I have 10 metal ones in the basement.....dragged them out last night and cleaned them....wax is melting now so I can see how the mottle works in them. I really love to experiment.....later I am making tamales with my daughter too.....this is going to be a busy day. Adios! Donita