How do you display your melts at a craft show?

mindy5140

I'm at a loss. I make over 30 different scents in my melts and they all sell very well for me but I don't know how to display them all at a show. I was thinking about the hanging bins but then I would need several of those.

Also thought about boxes but that would take up so much table space so I'm not sure what to do.

So how do you all display your melts??

TIA,

Mindy :)

http://www.nu-era.com/multipurpose-spinner-rack.asp

This is the rack I use with my clamshells, in fact I have to buy another one because I have quite a few scents.

Each prong will hold 6 clamshells and there are 24 prongs in all. I bought from this company and they are great with friendly service and fast shipping.

Fire

Thanks for the site those will work great for my clamshells and Air Fresheners.

I have a show at the end of the summer and one in October both spaces are 10X10. I usually make more scents in my 1oz. tarts (60) but cut it down to 30.

I have some ideas on how I'm setting up the table but I don't want it cluttered. I have been looking at past posts of their set ups and the hanging baskets. And I can't make up my mind what I want to do.

But thanks for the replies,

Mindy :)

http://www.nu-era.com/multipurpose-spinner-rack.asp

This is the rack I use with my clamshells, in fact I have to buy another one because I have quite a few scents.

Each prong will hold 6 clamshells and there are 24 prongs in all. I bought from this company and they are great with friendly service and fast shipping.

Fire

I have two of the same racks for clamshells but they were much cheaper. Store Supply Warehouse carries those. This site has great service as well and fast shipping. They have three warehouses across the country to ship from. http://www.storesupply.com/pc-12690-850-60108-wire-spinner-rack-63-12h.aspx

Also, you may as well get two racks right away. Check the shipping difference between one and two and you'll see.

There are tons of those cute tiny plastic bins (baskets) that you could use. You could stair them on your display...you know make them look like a staircase and then fill them with your tarts. You don't have to put all your tarts out at once..just fill your baskets and then as they start to empty just replace with more. But these bins are small enough that you could put quite a few out without looking clutter.

I don't know, just brainstorming :grin2:

ANgi

I use quart size wide mouth canning jars for mine....they hold close to 20 or so in each jar. I decorate the jars with some lace etc.... and just let them bag their own, in lil poly bags I get from dollar tree. They love that they can just get their own...and pick the different scents, instead of buying 6/ pks. of the same scents.

I use quart size wide mouth canning jars for mine....they hold close to 20 or so in each jar. I decorate the jars with some lace etc.... and just let them bag their own, in lil poly bags I get from dollar tree. They love that they can just get their own...and pick the different scents, instead of buying 6/ pks. of the same scents.

At this one show I do every year there is a lady that does close to this and and she sells like crazy. That all she sells is tarts and warmers. I don't even both to take my melts or warmers to that show any more.

We use "cookie jars" and set up a "tart bar". Ours sell loose the customers love to take a little basket and load it up( we have about 30 different scents also)so we devote one wall to it. We also have clamshells that hang incase the touchy feely thing doesnt work for them. But with us if our customers can get their hands on it that way they are all over it.

I do what DI does. IN baskets (got mine at Dollar Store .It does take up a table but they are laid out and not cluttered. I can get about 20 baskets(scents) on a table. This is for shows but if I ever open a shop or do Trade Shows I would go with the hang displays or else would make something against a wall. My husband is good at building(when he has time) IN fact last week-end we got a idea for some shelving for my candles. He wanted me to look at the guy's display and right away I knew how he did it. Very simple, attractive and easy to do.

LynnS

We use "cookie jars" and set up a "tart bar". Ours sell loose the customers love to take a little basket and load it up( we have about 30 different scents also)so we devote one wall to it. We also have clamshells that hang incase the touchy feely thing doesnt work for them. But with us if our customers can get their hands on it that way they are all over it.

I keep a box of non-latex gloves on my tart bar, so that my customers can wear them if they want, when getting their tarts out of the jars. Some people said they love the gloves, so their hands dont smell all day of candles. I get alot of business women.;)

Hope uploaded pic comes out.. I use apple crates sectioned into thirds with chicken wire. Can put a ton of melts in there. Ususally put 2 or 3 fragrances into each bin.. people love digging through them.

post-573-139458429295_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
Hope uploaded pic comes out.. I use apple crates sectioned into thirds with chicken wire. Can put a ton of melts in there. Ususally put 2 or 3 fragrances into each bin.. people love digging through them.

I wish I could see your display better... it looks like something that I would really like.

I've pondered this myself many times. I bought a wooden rack with some glass jars sort of like the old ones found in the old candy stores with wooden lids. I want to give people choices instead of packaging together. My sister in law used to stack her tarts in the little square plastic baskets from the $ store and let people pick their own and put into a brown lunch bag, which went over really well, but then I was thinking gee, how would you know which scent was which? and it seemed to me the tarts were getting a bit banged up over the 3 day show we did. I bought a large roll of shrink wrap tubing and a battery operated plastic bag sealer (off ebay). I seal one end, put the tart in, seal other end then shrink. I am still planning on putting them in the candy jars but think I will organize them buy types in each jar (bakery, clean, etc.). My big question is whether I want to put a company label on each tart or if I want to just put a fragrance label and put the company label on the outside of the white bag they will use to put their tarts in. Any thoughts?

What about buying the warning labels that put your company info and a space for the scent. I am also trying to decide if each individual votive and melt needs a scent label. Except for the companies that shrink wrap each one, if you buy a votive out of a box of 18 or so, they only have the warning..no scent. The box shows you what you are purchasing, and hopefully you will remember when you get home. The only reason I would want the scent on them is so the consumer would know what they bought if they wanted more - but when they take the shrink wrap and/or warning label off, they throw out that info anyway.....oh, I am a big help, aren't I??? LOL Just more questions....